6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Removed tunnels 

retrofitted boats with upgraded safety features 

landscaping works completed 

printed new park maps with ride re-appearing 

media call announces ride will reopen next week

THEN...

”oh, we overlooked that this water ride required a pump. Shut it down!”

Not a million miles from what they've just done with Eureka Mountain, but ridiculous non the less!

On 16/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, themagician said:

The map has shown the Rocky Hollow area for years and combined the name quite a while ago. For ages people were still referring to the area as Rocky Hollow, when it actually wasn’t officially Called that 

This map is from December 2015, according to the image data - and it shows RH as a separate area to GR (note the two red 'name' markers over those two areas):

Dreamworld-Map.jpg

2 years is hardly 'ages'

• Like 1

Sorry @AlexB but I’ll have to correct you there. This map isn’t from 2015, as the Dreamworks Experience isn’t on that map, Nickelodeon Central is, which hasn’t been at the park since 2011. And the helicopter flights are still shown on the map too, so this map could be as old as 2009.

EDIT: Just did some research and the areas were combined and names changed in September 2011 when the BuzzSaw opened.

Edited by themagician

24 minutes ago, Minions! said:

3743A668-577C-49D5-9731-888F63D85FF3.thumb.jpeg.289d6b5818a0dda02ae3a4f1a4689a7f.jpeg

Ha Ha Ha.  I would hit my head on the bar getting in and out.  Personally, I would have gone with Knotts system of sensors telling riders to sit down.  Wouldn't look like shit either.   Could these cages be used only to lift the logs in and out of the ride trough?

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

In typical Dreamworld "let's do less than the bare minimum" fashion they have gone and installed an observation platform on the rides course, but then used a free sponsor umbrella as shade... Seriously could they not just build a small awning in theme and try not to make the place look even MORE shit that it already does?

As for the cage of death on the log, I'm just gonna throw that in the what the actual f... basket, sigh and move on.

3 hours ago, djrappa said:

In typical Dreamworld "let's do less than the bare minimum" fashion they have gone and installed an observation platform on the rides course, but then used a free sponsor umbrella as shade... Seriously could they not just build a small awning in theme and try not to make the place look even MORE shit that it already does?

As for the cage of death on the log, I'm just gonna throw that in the what the actual f... basket, sigh and move on.

I think you'll find that a ride attendant will stand there under the umbrella to monitor the back area of the ride which the op above the station can only see in very few limited cameras. But I can also see this giving the main op an less stressful job only having to watch that part which will be more demanding with the new station system. Also I find this method of safety extremely unnecessary but obviously  a sea belt was too hard.

29 minutes ago, joel said:

It may be open till 6 but rides probably close at 5. When they did the open late till 9 for beat box rides closed an hour before the park closed.

They did, but I thought that was absolutely fine, as the Beat Box show was on. Who would want to be on a ride when the Beat Box show was on? The other reason was they had to stop the noise made by the rides in order that it didn't interfere with the sounds of the Beat Box show.

I am dumb, so I await correction by somebody wise!

Mmm that's some tasty looking greywater you got there DreamWorld! I particularly like the Thematic Enhancement of the "Streets Umbrella" -such a nice touch indeed for an Attendant to be placed under and watch the Logs float on by? 

WoW, Stella stuff DW.. Amatueriust Stupidity at it's Moronic best! 

One thing is for sure:

images.jpeg

• Like 1