Dreamworld - 2017 Log Ride reopening

DaptoFunlandGuy

3 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Mmm that's some tasty looking greywater you got there DreamWorld! I particularly like the Thematic Enhancement of the "Streets Umbrella" -such a nice touch indeed for an Attendant to be placed under and watch the Logs float on by? 

WoW, Stella stuff DW.. Amatueriust Stupidity at it's Moronic best! 

One thing is for sure:

images.jpeg

But in a world of pure imagination, that looks really good! 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, djrappa said:

In typical Dreamworld "let's do less than the bare minimum" fashion they have gone and installed an observation platform on the rides course, but then used a free sponsor umbrella as shade... Seriously could they not just build a small awning in theme and try not to make the place look even MORE shit that it already does?

As for the cage of death on the log, I'm just gonna throw that in the what the actual f... basket, sigh and move on.

And I’m assuming they won’t be replacing the tunnel with any interesting theming along the length of the ride.

My 6 year old nephew asked me why it was taking so long to reopen the log ride. I told him "they're adding a metal frame over the top of each car".

His immediate reaction: "What? That would be so stupid! Why are they making it dangerous? People could be trapped by the metal frame, and they might drown!"

I'm dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

3 minutes ago, Gary86 said:

I'm sure Movie World aren't that stupid. Those "cages" are just going to make it harder to get on and may cause injury (easy to bump).

It may be less of a case of stupidity, and more of a case of bureaucracy of thinking those cages would have saved four lives had they been fitted. 

Edited by red dragin

1 hour ago, Gary86 said:

If wooden slats were not removed from the River Rapids those people would not have been killed. Dreamworld modifying the ride led to those deaths.

Now come on, ease up, that is an accusation that hasn't been proven yet, just a fan theory. 

Whilst those cages on the log ride don't look amazing, lets remember the ride is not yet open, so who knows, there might be some extra detailing added? Only time will tell. As to why they are needed at all, that is a good question that someone knows.

Also is that a piece of new themeing that I see just before the tunnel?

5 hours ago, Gary86 said:

If wooden slats were not removed from the River Rapids those people would not have been killed. Dreamworld modifying the ride led to those deaths.

That's logical assuming/thinking. Not bureaucratic thinking. 

I don't think those cages are for people standing, but for a log rolling over. Should be enough for it to not fully invert. 

1 hour ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Well Wild West falls is closed till 1 feb 2018, they could be waiting on dreamworld to see how their changes affect the log ride before they think about addding a cage. Just think of the how ruined the photo would be on Wild West falls with a cage

That's just crazy. You are going to have a lot of very upset guests over the hot summer period. Meanwhile, there are countless log rides overseas that have been running for decades and decades with NO INCIDENTS. Why don't they just look overseas for a little reassurance???

• Like 1

It's really sad to see Dreamworld going over the top with "safety" features. I honestly feel like the park is intentionally adding reasonably pointless "safety" upgrades to rides just so it can fix it's reputation. Take the shockwave for example. No other Disk O's in Australia or NZ are using harnesses, including the 2 year older Invader ride at Rainbows End, yet it gets the attention from us and it makes us feel good that Dreamworld is focused on safety. I feel like Pitt and Sherry may be behind half of this too, telling Dreamworld to add things they perhaps don't genuinely need. The log ride "cage" is so stupid and racing-grade seatbelts would have looked cleaner and would have also been more comfortable. 

They need to really STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN.

• Like 3

I doubt the reopening of WWF being delayed has anything to do with RHLR and it’s ‘cage’. I think the reason is they are tying to ensure the harness system is more adequate, because as someone has mentioned, if a bigger person is sat next to a smaller person, that smaller person could easily get up or out and fall into the water. The main thing I believe they are scared about happening. Look how quick they closed Vikings Revenge. Yeah it was an old ride, but it was truly due to the river rapids incident. VRTP don’t want to take any risks, and want to insure that WWF is as safe as it can possibly be for everyone, and ensure that no one can just ‘get out’ if they really wanted to, for whatever bizarre reason.