Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

Whilst I like IP themed attractions, to put it simply a HTTYD themed flying ride would be a disjustice to the ride. 

This ride needs to not only appeal to all, it needs to have longevity. HTTYD is a fairly weak movie/tv series, and doesn’t hold a following outside of its target audience. 

This is one occasion where a generic Australiana theme is perfect for the attraction type. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Whilst I like IP themed attractions, to put it simply a HTTYD themed flying ride would be a disjustice to the ride. 

This ride needs to not only appeal to all, it needs to have longevity. HTTYD is a fairly weak movie/tv series, and doesn’t hold a following outside of its target audience. 

This is one occasion where a generic Australiana theme is perfect for the attraction type. 

Like any cinema experience, it must change regularly. At least a few times each year. Otherwise people would get bored after seeing it a few times. 

Therefore, it can have numerous themes, and ideally several available at once so you can always go on a journey you haven't done before, or only done once or twice. 

I'd imagine that's how similar rides operate elsewhere. It's certainly how 7D cinemas work. 

Really wish you’d remove that signature Push.. it’s beyond annoying. 

I’m not aware of any of this style of attraction that offers multiple ride programs and shows concurrently so I severely doubt you’ll find it happen with the DW incarnation. It will be the same format/theme for at least a few years imo..

that hardly hampers the experience if done well though.. BA:TR didn’t change for several years and it remained popular and re-rideable (well at least the original version)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Really wish you’d remove that signature Push.. it’s beyond annoying. 

I’m not aware of any of this style of attraction that offers multiple ride programs and shows concurrently so I severely doubt you’ll find it happen with the DW incarnation. It will be the same format/theme for at least a few years imo..

that hardly hampers the experience if done well though.. BA:TR didn’t change for several years and it remained popular and re-rideable (well at least the original version)

Ok well I've never been on Soarin so maybe it will be ok with the same experience over and over if it's good enough. After all, I'm happy to see the same show over and over at Australian Outback Spectacular, and that's not even a ride! 

On 28/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, Mc coaster said:

I understand we’re you are coming from and I know dreamworld will not do this but I think they could have themed it to something like How To Train Your Dragon with you on the dragon maybe in a race with the other characters from the movie.

That sounds awfully plain and boring 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, red dragin said:

Unless it can invert the carriage, do steep ascents and descents, I don't think it would do Dragon's justice. 

Universal IOA's Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey does an admirable job of conveying the joy of flight on a broomstick via a 3D/4D motion simulator without the need to invert the carriage  or any steep descents. Granted its a different ride system to the Flying theatre model Dreamworld is getting but it does prove it can be done. Plus have you ridden Soarin"? My thoughts on this ride was that it did an awesome job of replicating the feeling of flight. Its one of the highlights of Epcot IMHO.

I've not ridden Soarin'.

My 6 year old is a huge fan of the Dragons movies and shows (Riders of Berk etc). The dragons' maneuvers are sudden, forceful and numerous. They don't just cruise along in action sequences. Whilst the ride might be able to replicate the positions, I don't feel it could really replicate the motions of the dragons from the film. Plus, I think even trying to would induce a greater amount of motion sickness than they'd like.

On top of all of that, it is a fixed life IP. You would be much better going with a film/films that don't require extensive supporting themeing too (this is Dreamworld).

On 27/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, XxMrYoshixX said:

While simulator rides are not my cup of tea, a flying theatre is a fantastic addition to the park and is a good family oriented attraction that Dreamworld is sorely lacking, filling the void left by TRRR. I like the idea of a new dark ride in the future as well - Justice League down the road is, needless to say, a pretty underwhelming attraction, and there should be another dark ride that can one up it.

the possibility of a new dark ride is the best news the gold coast theme parks have had for years for me 

so over every new major attraction been a roller coaster 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

the possibility of a new dark ride is the best news the gold coast theme parks have had for years for me 

so over every new major attraction been a roller coaster 

You're entitled to that opinion, but it seems like the majority here are Coasters first, other attractions second. And they're entitled to that opinion too. I seek balance and originality. An i-Ride would work well in the Dreamworld Theatre, then a Dark Ride behind it, THEN a Coaster to replace TRRR and Blue Lagoon (RMC Hybrid plskthx DW). MW has the Coaster chasers wrapped up, so an I-Ride is a family-chasing alternative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

You're entitled to that opinion, but it seems like the majority here are Coasters first, other attractions second. And they're entitled to that opinion too. I seek balance and originality. An i-Ride would work well in the Dreamworld Theatre, then a Dark Ride behind it, THEN a Coaster to replace TRRR and Blue Lagoon (RMC Hybrid plskthx DW). MW has the Coaster chasers wrapped up, so an I-Ride is a family-chasing alternative.

as i see it the gold coast has roller coasters its time for some new family friendly rides like i - Ride and a dark ride etc   

i have no problem with the majority been coaster first but the gold coast has roller coasters 

if dreamworld do take the family ride path to rebuild from the TRRR accident i think it will be  big boost to the parks future 

it will help me wont to start comeing back to the park someday 

• Like 1

Or you could comeback now and support them whilst they’re ‘down’...  

whilst the GC has plenty of coasters, the only ones basically worth mentioning are at MW. DW doesn’t have a decent coaster... whilst dark ride eludes thoughts of a family friendly offering... it could be a dark coaster... something Mummy-esque...

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Or you could comeback now and support them whilst they’re ‘down’...  

whilst the GC has plenty of coasters, the only ones basically worth mentioning are at MW. DW doesn’t have a decent coaster... whilst dark ride eludes thoughts of a family friendly offering... it could be a dark coaster... something Mummy-esque...

once again we already have a dark roller coaster i know you like roller coasters but its time to sit back and wait while some more family friendly attractions are added 

as for comeing to dreamworld rite now there currently nothing left at the park that i really like - wont to ride 

so i will wait and see what happens in the future 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

once again we already have a dark roller coaster i know you like roller coasters but its time to sit back and wait while some more family friendly attractions are added 

as for comeing to dreamworld rite now there currently nothing left at the park that i really like - wont to ride 

so i will wait and see what happens in the future 

What about Kevil Hill? Have you tried that?

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

• Like 1

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion