Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

Looks to just be for roof access - the wrapping suggests its finished and they aren't going all the way round the building - so they'd have used the standard wrap probably provided by the scaffolding company...

Purists will disagree, but for the sake of a stairway, i don't think a custom printed wrap for just that is necessary. It would be nice, if they eventually erect a full scaffold around the building, if they took the time to do a custom wrap for it - but given Batman's flying fox down main street was wrapped in plain green material for years, its really not the worst thing they've done lately.

• Like 1

Think dw really missed the mark, honestly just makes me lack any confidence I had in ardent at this point. Itā€™s just such a bad promotional video. I suppose they donā€™t have any footage of the ride at this point to show but maybe just a couple of teaser photos would be better than some weird video making the attraction look boring and dull.

1 hour ago, TomiJ said:

Thanks heapsĀ @themagicianI always love your updates. For @Gold Coast Amusement ForceĀ and those who are struggling to imagine what it looks like. I have drawn a picture to help you visualise the crane and what it is doing.Ā 

sketch-1538460097239.thumb.png.c0f20fd9a74ec5abb51ff3eed200c321.png

Your crane would only function as a lift because you have a short boom.šŸ˜Š

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It could lift and slew.ļ»æ..

Good luck with that!Ā  The cabin is fixed to the tower and I see no turntable to rotate the jib.Ā  I don't want to be the one that says it, but this crane is poppycock and I can't believe DW wasted money on it because it will never work.

Nah - cabin isn't fixed. its just the angle. turntable is the solid yellow at the top of the latticework on the tower.

Ā 

Still... pretty stupid to get in a tower crane for that height, for this type of construction. They'd have been better off with a mobile crane.

Ā 

Maybe it would be less maintenance if they removed some slats from the tower?

@AlexBĀ 

I didn't come down in the last shower.Ā  I've studied every inch of that crane and no connection could be found.

If you want to talk about good ideas than I'm your man because all DW needed to do was fit a boom to the TOT.Ā 

Talk about a solution looking them in the face all along.

dworld-jdn5i5e4hbufpth8in2_ct460x258.jpg.a9378400675d8e8b13aa7b01a6b68208.jpg

Ā 

53 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

@AlexBĀ 

I didn't come down in the last shower.Ā  I've studied every inch of that crane and no connection could be found.

Ā 

If you want to talk about good ideas than I'm your man because all DW needed to do was fit a boom to the TOT.Ā 

Ā 

Talk about a solution looking them in the face all along.

Ā 

Ā 

dworld-jdn5i5e4hbufpth8in2_ct460x258.jpg.a9378400675d8e8b13aa7b01a6b68208.jpg

Ā 

Perfect new themed land for a future Dreamworld upgrade. "Construction Site Land". They literally already have most of the themeing in place!Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themagician said:

They arenā€™t using a tower crane, it is a mobile craneĀ 

image.png.eac18c292d74f6dfcdd094a02488905d.png

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

If you want to talk about good ideas than I'm your man because all DW needed to do was fit a boom to the TOT.

Still need a crane to lift the boom into position. Fitting to an existing tower means no self erection.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Perfect new themed land for a future Dreamworld upgrade. "Construction Site Land". They literally already have most of the themeing in place!Ā 

Of course you'd love it - its a slow transport ride - how to get from ocean parade to corroboree - just take the crane!

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion