Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

11 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

That’s what I’m wondering. How much money did they actually save by retaining a few bits of the original building? It looks like they might have even put in new roof slats? And if they did demolish so much of the building, why not re-build it entirely so that the capacity issue is no longer an issue?

Yes, no & maybe. 

Edited by Skeeta

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

As expected! No problem, but they really should have been more careful estimating the opening in the first place. What if some people have booked a holiday late this year based on the expectation of being one of the first on the ride? Obviously they'll be left very disappointed! 

I planned on buying tickets to DW to get on the Iride around opening day after I'm at schoolies, but I've instead gone and bought tickets for MW. No reason to go back there now that the Iride is all but confirmed to be delayed.

DW shouldn't be messing around building an attraction that could turn itself around. Construction should have happened long before it actually started if they wanted to go for the prime position of the December/January school holidays. Now they don't have that market to work with, rather they have to go for Easter 2019 which is a much smaller period for the park. 

Again Ardent shows they can't get the little things right. They've spent enough money on the ride as it is yet they didn't even start building it to set themselves up for the busiest time of the year.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

4 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I planned on buying tickets to DW to get on the Iride around opening day after I'm at schoolies, but I've instead gone and bought tickets for MW. No reason to go back there now that the Iride is all but confirmed to be delayed.

Well, you probably will get to be one of the first to experience the new Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, and of course DC Rivals is still fairly new and there are other great experiences to be had that are not as new but still great! 

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

If anyone has planned a holiday around an expected opening date, fully expecting that the ride will definitely open by the time they arrive, then they're either very naive, or very stupid.

I know people here who have gone overseas, and planned to visit a park based on a 'might' be opening, that have at the last minute found out it wouldn't be open - but they went knowing that risk, and while not entirely pleased with the situation, they accepted that these things happen.

If they're left very disappointed, it will be their own 'too high' unrealistic expectations that have put them there.

I'll just sit here in my caravan outside Sea World. I hear Sea World Wild is coming late 2013.

Edited by AlexB

Wow it really is impressive how much they've gutted that structure... makes me think Movie World really have missed the mark all these years with redoing the old Maverick space with this kind of attraction.

In other comments, that teaser is just awful. Can people stop using awful generic corporate royalty free music and get something with some excitement and feel!? https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/8036-dreamworld-i-ride-flying-theatre-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=165344 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mssveattck said:

A picture found on Instagram of the structure going up inside the building 

357CCFD7-AD3D-46B3-A69A-5789E629D189.png

If 1 standard modular hold 10 riders.

If 1 stack of 3 modules holds 30 riders.

If DW are aiming for 60 riders.

Does this lean towards 2 theatres?

iride_sec3_pic.png

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 2

It certainly looks like the other stack is to go where the boom lift is. Screen to be on the wall that is only partially blacked out.

Knocking down the entire structure and starting again would have been the way to go. Could have made a big setup, blockworked (or tilt panelled) the theater component and frame work only the rest.

Yeah this isn't Back To The Future The Ride - even though it was a large IMAX Theatre at one point in its life, it was still the smallest IMAX (70mm/GT) screen in the world - space is tight in there, which makes me continually wonder why do it there at all if you're going to literally replace everything. Must be tight on coin to want to use the footings that badly.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Don't the brackets indicate there's going to be another "stack" next to this one which gets us our 60 seats?

I have no clue on how this goes together or even if we’re looking at the same connection, but I was thinking the plates I have marked is where the gondola comes out of the module.

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.thumb.JPG.36767949132003b6c539bc7b6577b2d6.JPG

Now I'm back at my desk and can see the image I can see a space beside the structure marked X.

vvvvvcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.thumb.JPG.f4ad2e7c5bf9fdf53c494672d61552b8.JPG

16 minutes ago, Slick said:

Must be tight on coin to want to use the footings that badly.

They added new foundations where the I-Ride sits.

Edited by Skeeta

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion