Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

10 minutes ago, Slick said:

You sir win Parkz today.

What is this competition you speak of?

@wikiverse you have forgotten DW has had 3 different CEO's since this project started.

A lot of people are crying over spilt milk here.  DW is shit but we already know that and nothing will change that before DW is sold.

Whilst the buck stops with a CEO - is there really anything of value they could have contributed to an inquest?

"why did you allow x?"

"i wasn't aware"

They are only going by what is fed up to them. even if they'd thought to ask 'are we super safe and ultra compliant with our obligations?' they'd get "yes boss - here's the report" or "no, some of the registration is expired, but its ok, because we haven't killed anyone yet and we should be allowed to self certify"...

What is the CEO going to say in response? "Sure, ok - you're an expert who has been employed to deal with these things and that's your job and it appears you're doing it right - carry on!"

3 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

I see your point, but your thoughts leave me asking why ask the ride supervisor if the ride operator already answered the question?

Because identifying the culture that nurtures and ultimately manifests such a lax approach to safety is a pretty critical component to understanding how an incident like Dreamworld's could occur in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

Because identifying the culture that nurtures and ultimately manifests such a lax approach to safety is a pretty critical component to understanding how an incident like Dreamworld's could occur in the first place.

Wouldn't the culture that nurtures and ultimately manifests such a lax approach to safety come from the top?

10 minutes ago, Slick said:

@pushbutton two thoughts - does it seem like it now makes the space feel cramp? And what's your thoughts on the white?

At the moment I'm inclined to think any "cramped" feeling might be due to the temporary construction fencing, and will be alleviated when that's removed. 

As for the white, perhaps a bit bland for a themepark. However I'll reserve my final judgment until it's open. 

2 minutes ago, liz.wis said:

I'm assuming it's not going to open before this current season passes expire?

26th December, as already stated above. 

19 minutes ago, liz.wis said:

I'm assuming it's not going to open before this current season passes expire?

Most likely which is good so people actually get new passes. It’s cheap aswell if you already had a season pass. It is 80 dollars to get a new one which would cost you 150 at Movie World.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Most likely which is good so people actually get new passes. It’s cheap aswell if you already had a season pass. It is 80 dollars to get a new one which would cost you 150 at Movie World.

For 13 months, not 12, including Skypoint observation deck, and with a  $20 Westfield gift card. 

You don't get any of that at Movie World! 

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion