Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

On 24/01/2019 at 11:23 AM, joz said:

The problem with a Boomerang is that Rivals, Superman and Green Lantern exist. I think a Boomerang at a park like Aussie World or Fun Feilds would be huge, but not at Dreamworld. People know that Arkham isn't as good as the other 3 big coasters at MW, an they'll know a Boomerang isn't as good. Yes it's marketable, yes it's got the gimmicks, it's even got the nostalgia, but it's not something that will capture the public's imagination and the ride experience is sub par.

Ultimately, ToT is probably on the way out. You're obviously not going to get anything taller or faster, but you do need something as awesome to replace it. A boomerang won't cut it. Maybe as something to chuck in as a HWSW replacement it could work, but I wouldn't see it as a ride that will massively turn the tide.

Arkham Asylum is my favourite ride at Movie World, especially now that Scooby-Doo has been downgraded. 

41 minutes ago, themagician said:

It was definitely better when it was on the train at rocky hollow, but still entertaining and brings back memories 

You do know that the location has been moved because the train is a POS that is broken, and hence no one was able to see it? 

Maybe Dreamworld need to find the small amount of money required to get the steam train running in the tractors absense.

Regardless though, I don’t see how any of this discussion relates to Skyvoyager?

• Like 1

On 26/01/2019 at 7:17 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

I can’t believe a big investment by dreamworld and they have completely missed the major holiday period. I understand delays and such can affect these things but the ride still doesn’t have a opening date announced.

Maybe they have another plan up their sleeve... one inwhich banks on the hopes people don’t stop talking about a ‘date’... surely the new TVC will bring back the hype 🤞🏻

55 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It's being portrayed like this never happens, and the delays are solely because Dreamworld is a park in the toilet.

I think you'll find the reason people are talking about it so much is because Dreamworld is regarded as a park on its knees that needs a lot of things to go right for it if it's going to turn things around.  In most parks a new ride is continuity in the park and therefore the date slipping isn't a big deal.  In this case you've got a park that is low on working rides and in need of an attendance boost, and that's why this is a big deal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

It's being portrayed like this never happens, and the delays are solely because Dreamworld is a park in the toilet.

Superman and Lightning Rod both had prototype elements, compared to the off-the-shelf Flying Theatre being installed at Dreamworld. It's not all that far-fetched to suggest that the Dreamworld/Ardent factor is again at play here. Look at Trolls Village (a shop and some painted flats) - opened six months after they'd announced and it was still mediocre!

• Like 5

Thanks. Unfortunately, there's been several fake news posts on SkyVoyager so I can't avoid being a bit sceptical. However if true SkyVoyager sounds great apart from the bit about only half of it being fully immersive, and there being only one experience available. 

I'm far more concerned though about the idea of drastically reduced hours, and especially Whitewater World closing for Winter and the Adventure River being effectively cancelled. If that's all true, I could only call it gross mismanagement. 

You don't increase guest attendance by reducing opening hours and closing half the park! 

19 minutes ago, Richard said:

Despite the spate of fake accounts of late, we can confirm that @henryjones doesn't appear to match any recent troublemakers.

Personally I would be taking this post at face value...

TBF, Kids are all back at school now though, so the IP could belong to the school daycare nursery..

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion