Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

On 06/04/2019 at 5:06 PM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

D578C1FD-7EC6-4CBF-905B-98477CF94257.jpeg

D9F9D8EE-C4C1-4C05-9798-93A1BA143D58.jpeg

Is there another door to that place?

it's an awfully long funnel for people to get in and out at the same time.

Imagine, if you will, that a person in a wheelchair (or with a stroller) has just entered to get one of those ride access passes. The wheelchair is effectively blocking the aisle.

Now imagine if:

A critical emergency happens at the park (such as TRRR) or if an ambulance already in attendance is ready to exit with their patient on a stretcher. Gonna be a fair delay trying to get past the wheelchair \ stroller...

image.thumb.png.902b31b31a469080469859183037da94.png

Movie World knew this almost 30 years ago - double doors, large entrance foyer. *facepalm*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Is there another door to that place?

it's an awfully long funnel for people to get in and out at the same time.

Imagine, if you will, that a person in a wheelchair (or with a stroller) has just entered to get one of those ride access passes. The wheelchair is effectively blocking the aisle.

Now imagine if:

A critical emergency happens at the park (such as TRRR) or if an ambulance already in attendance is ready to exit with their patient on a stretcher. Gonna be a fair delay trying to get past the wheelchair \ stroller...

image.thumb.png.902b31b31a469080469859183037da94.png

Movie World knew this almost 30 years ago - double doors, large entrance foyer. *facepalm*

You're clutching at straws a little. 

Most double doors are locked on one side, top and bottom.  It would be quicker to push a wheely out of the way. 

Critical emergency like TRRR the double doors would do nothing because they were killed instantly.

BUT

Considering the first aid room holds stretchers, I would think you would want to make it easier if you had to transport a person out of the door on a stretcher.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Considering the first aid room holds stretchers, I would think you would want to make it easier if you had to transport a person out of the door on a stretcher.

this was kind of the crux of what i was getting at. Our office first aid room has a standard door size, but a second, hinged, breakaway panel on the other side that can be opened by sliding a single bolt, painted bright orange and mounted at eye level.

• Like 1

Picture this.

@pushbuttonis riding the Play School Wheel and it's a little too fast for him and he gets dizzy.   Push takes himself to the medical room for a little laydown.   During Push’s recovery he overhears the staff talking how DW are building a clone Bermuda Triangle.  Push instantly goes into cardiac arrest and an ambulance is called.   Time is wasted while the ambulance crew are trying to get push and their equipment out the door while performing CPR on Push and he doesn’t make it. ☹️

DW spent the money for a new First Aid room and managed to F it up.

Don't believe me?

DW have a plaque for @pushbutton at the entrance.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.thumb.JPG.49fd21adc6124988f2f08c02a0e9a7ea.JPG

Edited by Skeeta

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Picture this.

@pushbuttonis riding the Play School Wheel and it's a little too fast for him and he gets dizzy.   Push takes himself to the medical room for a little laydown.   During Push’s recovery he overhears the staff talking how DW are building a clone Bermuda Triangle.  Push instantly goes into cardiac arrest and an ambulance is called.   Time is wasted while the ambulance crew are trying to get push and their equipment out the door while performing CPR on Push and he doesn’t make it. ☹️

DW spent the money for a new First Aid room and managed to F it up.

Don't believe me?

DW have a plaque for @pushbutton at the entrance.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.thumb.JPG.49fd21adc6124988f2f08c02a0e9a7ea.JPG

I apologise to anyone intelligent on behalf of Skeeta for the above post. 

Sadly, it probably won't be removed because in this forum  (unlike most) it's deemed completely acceptable to insult other members like that.

I'm embarrassed to be associated in any way with a few of the users of this site. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Sorry I think most of the members of this forum are better than that. Not really necessary in my opinion. Not judging , just like many, giving my opinion. I do not usually embroil myself in these sort of posts.

Understandable. It's usually pointless! 

However it's reassuring to be reminded that there are some genuine nice people here!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Funny, If @Skeeta directed that joke at @AlexB or myself, we would have just laughed it off. I guess we shouldn't pick on kids?

It was more directed at a post which has since been deleted /removed  which obviously crossed  a line. Whilst it’s intentions were an attempt at poor humour, there was certainly a nasty undercurrent contained within it that asked for another poster in no uncertain terms   to remove themselves from the board,.  It was directed and pointed.  

What does it matter if a select audience found the post amusing?

The subject matter of the post deemed it offensive, I and obviously many others saw it for what it was as well and was uncomfortable with it.

For mine, it’s only a joke when it’s good natured and all parties, including who it was directed at, deem it so. The minute that it becomes a joke for a select few at the expense of someone else that is constant  you start to venture  into the realms of bullying. Let’s call it for what it is. Constant needling.

Sure sometimes things need to be called out and shot down. We all know that. This time , for mine, wasn’t one of them. I usually let them slide by and scroll on by but in this instance , I thought that a comment on the so called “comedic” post was required..  I love and participate in jokes on the board all the time,- it has nothing to do with not enjoying a joke.

However, I have been on these boards for a very long time and have observed the interactions of many posters over the years. Some definitely cross the line and some are definitely allowed to stand because of who the poster is, which is at times , a position of inequality.

The fact that the post in question  has since been removed speaks volumes. 

• Like 3

Just to avoid any doubt, I personally do not find it funny or amusing when people  (such as AlexB or Skeeta):

-  Make assumptions about me.

- Portray me as some sort of fool, or a kid.

- Answer questions for me. 

I don't take it personally. My main concern is how completely pathetic that sort of thing makes Parkz look to anyone who happens to look at the forum. That includes people who actually hold senior positions with theme parks! 

Sadly, they must think we're all immature, and very unintelligent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

My main concern is how completely pathetic that sort of thing makes Parkz look to anyone who happens to look at the forum. That includes people who actually hold senior positions with theme parks!

www.seek.com.au if you I want a job at a theme park.

Park Health Facility is a stupid name for a First Aid Room.

Edited by Skeeta

On 08/04/2019 at 5:31 PM, pushbutton said:

That's insulting @Skeeta

Sadly, it probably won't be removed because in this forum  (unlike most) it's deemed completely acceptable to insult other members like that.

Apparently, only some people are allowed to insult others

On 09/04/2019 at 5:13 AM, Jobe said:

some are definitely allowed to stand because of who the poster is, which is at times , a position of inequality.

The fact that the post in question  has since been removed speaks volumes.

Yes, some are allowed to stand. The fact that one has been removed, when the original remains, also speaks volumes.

On 09/04/2019 at 6:50 AM, pushbutton said:

Just to avoid any doubt, I personally do not find it funny or amusing when people 

- Portray me as some sort of fool, or a kid.

You mean like inferring that someone isn't intelligent?

There's an awful lot of black kettles here folks.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AlexB said:

There's an awful lot of black kettles here folks.

You know what they say.

Once you go black you never go back or was it, once you go Asian you never miss an equation.  

^

Edited by Skeeta

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion