WWW expansion 2018

Tim Dasco

Here Is a great article by the GCB that tells us absolutely nothing..

$15mil expansion announced for Dreamworld’s WhiteWater World water park

NOVEMBER 27, 2018

Developers are already digging out the foundations for the new attraction, which looks set to expand onto vacant land behind WhiteWater World.

3ba095be239dff7b5b44c9b7cb4dea15?width=1024 Dreamworld's Project Manager Holly Evans says work has already begun on their latest attraction. Photo: Supplied

Organisers say the development will take guests to a “tropical oasis” with a combination of features “never before seen in similar attractions around the world”.

Dreamworld CEO John Osborne said the work wouldn’t stop guests from visiting the water park during its 12-month build.

“The park will operate as normal during the construction of the new attraction and won’t have any impact on existing attractions at Dreamworld or WhiteWater World,” he said.

It’s a big step for new Project Manager Holly Evans, and one which makes her the youngest in her team of six at just 27 years old.

“This is such a rewarding role because I get to use my engineering and project management skills as well as utilising my creative flare,” she said.

“Our projects create enjoyment and happiness for our guests and I find that very rewarding.”

The expansion joins the soon so open flying theatre “Sky Voyager” as the latest developments for Dreamworld’s parks.

More details on the new attraction will be available early next year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

“The park will operate as normal during the construction of the new attraction and won’t have any impact on existing attractions at Dreamworld or WhiteWater World,” he said.

If a non seasonal park closed every time they installed a new ride... well Dreamworld would be fine but most other parks around the world suffer. Why was that even necessary to mention in a media release.

5 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

If a non seasonal park closed every time they installed a new ride... well Dreamworld would be fine but most other parks around the world suffer. Why was that even necessary to mention in a media release.

Because they are still trying to increase attendance. Simple media tactic to remind people they are open 364 days a year.

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

a combination of features “never before seen in similar attractions around the world”

Hahahhahahaha

It will probably be a combination of over the top ride restraints no one else in the word has.

I went on a river boat ride that goes through animal enclosures at the Singapore River Safari. And honestly, it was really crap and not exciting in any way. The animals were beautiful, but you don’t get enough time to see them, and some of them hide so you can’t try to find them. If they go with this idea, it will probably be disappointing as they are hard to pull off and make it a good enough environment for the animals too

100% is a crap idea if it's a lazy river. 

Middle of bloody winter with no more than 10 people riding on a 15-million-dollar attraction.

Which makes one think DW will have the option to walk around the enclosures.

15-million-dollar on relocating a croc from one side of the park to the other.

Image from early November. This expansion is using a lot more land than I originally expected, which is great to see.

737174847_ScreenShot2018-12-02at9_55_18am.thumb.png.e5ac3dbf2b3dbef60d3fd6a02d5840b8.png

I really do hope that they either install a new tower for slides, or leave some land free for a future attraction. If they just do a lazy river (adventure), what ever it is, and have cabanas, etc then that leaves them no more land for future attractions. Unless they remove the Shell (which I really hope they do, wasted space)

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, themagician said:

Image from early November. This expansion is using a lot more land than I originally expected, which is great to see.

737174847_ScreenShot2018-12-02at9_55_18am.thumb.png.e5ac3dbf2b3dbef60d3fd6a02d5840b8.png

I really do hope that they either install a new tower for slides, or leave some land free for a future attraction. If they just do a lazy river (adventure), what ever it is, and have cabanas, etc then that leaves them no more land for future attractions. Unless they remove the Shell (which I really hope they do, wasted space)

...looks like Thunderbolt's Station will be kept.