Dreamworld takes bold steps towards recovery with i-Ride flying theatre

Parkz News

Thanks Parkz! 

From an Op's persepective, the theoretical capacity has me concerned.

No matter how prepared Riders are pre-boarding, the unload/load time would likely add an average 3 minutes between dispatches.

400 riders per hour assumes seemless, max operation but add those unexpected delays of technical or rider issues and the Capacity could drop to 320-360ph.. YIKES!

On a 7 hour day that's 2240-2800. For a Ride that's suitable for almost everyone, how will they manage this? They could give a single ticket to each Day Tripper and initially just 1 ticket for Pass Holders that could be booked online?

From the Brogent i-ride website, here's a picture of the screen from behind and some motion stats of the Gondolas.

iride_list_4.jpg

Screenshot_20171228-094528.png

Yeah I definitely agree with MickeyD. The new flying theatre in Europa Park Germany uses 2 theatres each with 70 seats, giving a theoretical capacity of 1400 people per hour. It is such a popular ride even with this I've seen the queue line exceed two hours in peak times. 

On a positive note, this type of ride really does appeal to all. I hope they pull it off well.

Does anyone remember the helicopter that was flying around the gold coast and other parts of Australia with the big camera on it, like they used for soarin'. I'm pretty sure I heard that it was for a flying theatre ride, but I thought it would be for something overseas. Just wondering if anyone knew out of curiosity.

32 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I wonder if there is room to create two theaters by extending the building. Maybe.

I agree with they should probably extend the building to give the ride higher capacity but the thing is in what direction. You can’t extend it back because that area is reserved for the dark ride, to the right there is the cafe and to the left you would block the pathway entrance into the Gold Rush.

53 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

I agree with they should probably extend the building to give the ride higher capacity but the thing is in what direction. You can’t extend it back because that area is reserved for the dark ride, to the right there is the cafe and to the left you would block the pathway entrance into the Gold Rush.

If it were up to me I'd extend it back and build a dark ride somewhere else. There's plenty of other places one could be built. 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise!