Dreamworld rebounds with big crowds for the peak season

Parkz News

Carpark was fairly full today but we got on most rides within 10minutes, sometimes only had to wait one ride and we were on. I was pleasantly surprised as i thought the school holidays would have made wait times quite bad. MDMC was probably the longest wait at 25mins. 

I hadn't been to the park in 10 years and returned today with the wife, 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter. The kids had a great time. They are both quite tall with both going on the TT2, HWSW, MDMC (sidecar for my daughter, bike for my son). My daughter was brave enough to go on The Claw and my son was brave enough to join me on the Giant Drop but chickened out at Buzzsaw. They still enjoyed the smaller rides too, Madagascar, Shockwave and Pandamonium (Soft cycle). 

I know many members are locals and visit the park often but I was impressed with how the park is compared to 10years ago. The Park was clean, staff were friendly and thorough with ride safety and loading. The theming with regards to the pre-ride was lacking and hence there was no build up of anticipation for the rides but that was one of my only complaints. I was disappointed that Wipeout and Log ride were still out of action but I knew that before going.

Hopefully DW can keep improving over future years.

• Like 1