Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lisalila welcome to the forums, take a look around if your wanting more information on what the new ride will be. I'll sum it up quickly, look at the link that Skipper provided, and imagine that ride with a Scooby Doo style dark ride section, and you've pretty much got Superman.
Will do thanks Joz.

I think he's asking since when have we been sure that Superman is going to have inversions?? - Where did you hear this? My understanding of it was that it will be just a tophat and some camel backs. we are dealing with a ride of just 12 million AUD here and now with the dark ride aspect it will be very interesting to see what kind of attraction we get for that much - I'm hoping that im going to be pleasantly surprised.

• 1 month later...

62.5mph, thats crap, im glad i went on xcellarator now:), this is a braand new coaster and dosent even match knotts 82mph in 2.3 secs. so the launch on superman aint going to be that great either. itll feel like califonia screeming laucnch at DCA, which is vwey weak. is 62.5mph, definatley its launch speed??

I guarantee the 100km/hr launch is still going to pack a punch. It's still going to kick anything else we have here including TOT. It is widely known that xcel pretty much has the most intense launch of any coaster out there and I don't expect that to change soon. Whilst xcel is by far my favourite coaster with my highest ride count I'm pretty sure we're still going to be happy with our new baby. It will be very different to CS because a hydralic launch is going to be much more powerful than LSM anyday.

It'll surely be stronger than California Screamin'. A few things come into play there - it's Disney, so they're naturally not going to go full-on (the launch they have in place would be capable of so much more) and it's magnetic which has a slower initial launch phase which results in a tamer launch, whereas a hydraulic launch has a relatively constant acceleration. As said, it WILL be more intense than Tower of Terror, so I see no reason to complain.

It will be very different to CS because a hydralic launch is going to be much more powerful than LSM anyday.
What are the differences and advantages to hydraulic launch versus LIM / LSM? I would've thought LIM to be much easier to maintain (less moving parts and components?) But I don't have a good knowledge of the intricacies of either system.

yeah i guess it will feel stronger take off than TOT, but i did really love xcellararor, it would be awsome if the launch was longer the force was awsome . anyhow the new ride will be good, i just didnt realsie that the speed was going to be lower than xcellarator, how mucj shorter is the top hat going to be??

from my layperson's point of view, hydraulics may be more difficult to maintain as far as wear and tear, but there have been problems with lsm and lim launches in the past. While its not very new, its still relatively new in comparison to hydraulics, and it does not require a lot of expertise to fix a broken hydraulic, in comparison to the lim or lsm units... take a look at some episodes of JUNKYARD WARS or MONSTER GARAGE on Discovery Channel to see how easy hydraulics can be.