Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope you won't get a flying coaster. They suck. Especially for people who tend to get nauseous on rides going backwards, or in pitch black darkness...because on a flying, you can't see where you're going...you watch the ground, or the air.
The B&M flyers have been a success in the US so there's no reason why one over here would be a good thing.

I hope that it is a flying coaster that Movieworld gets. Afterall it makes sense to me that a Superman themed coaster would be a flying coaster seeing as how superman flies. Six Flags Great Adventure I think has a superman flying coaster, so maybe Movieworld would probably get a similar design if it were a flying coaster.

Air cost the better part of AUD$30 million. The prices of the Six Flags coasters were never released, but you coundn't expect anything under USD$15 million, which is a bit out of our budget. I wouldn't say that the flying coaster concept sucks, but I definitely do think that they're yet to prove themselves, both financially and in terms of ride quality. A definite problem with the design so far is that the trains are far too heavy, severly limiting what manouvers can be made and how long and high the rides can be, as well as adding a lot to the construction costs.

Air cost the better part of AUD$30 million. The prices of the Six Flags coasters were never released, but you coundn't expect anything under USD$15 million, which is a bit out of our budget.   I wouldn't say that the flying coaster concept sucks, but I definitely do think that they're yet to prove themselves, both financially and in terms of ride quality. A definite problem with the design so far is that the trains are far too heavy, severly limiting what manouvers can be made and how long and high the rides can be, as well as adding a lot to the construction costs.
I've noticed with the video's I've seen of the flyers is that at times they seem to travel quite slow. For example through the end of the pretzel loop on Superman Ultimate Flight, the trains seem incredibly slow.

I don't know how you can make any assumptions on anything after seeing a couple or staff looking at one thing and then pointing at another thing. That's like me saying that I knew The Claw was going to be named that months before it opened because I saw a couple of the marketing staff in the gift shop looking at toy crabs and then going outside and looking in the general direction of Ocean Parade. Or, two staff members holding a stick and a bicycle wheel talking meant that they were getting a gyro swing. "The Bus is now leaving for Crab Claw Island, Northern Territory"

I confirm for everyone from a very reliable source that superman coaster will be built. It will be a steel sitting down coster made by Intamin Rocket Coaster. Cost for the coaster is going to top 12 million. Thats the news from the people who know it. :)

If you ever saw 2 marketing staff holding a bicycle wheel with a stick joined to it and pointing to an area of the park, I think it would be worth a mention
So would I, but only to question their sanity. gbc, it might me an idea to read through the thread before you post next time. That information was posted a long time ago and it too had a link the RCDB. "The Bus is now leaving for Asylum Creek, NSW"

Steve$, your most recent post adds nothing meaningful to this discussion. I perceive this post as an attempt to poke fun at Joz, a well respected, and connected member of our community. As I have stated in the Site Issues forum, would you kindly read the community guidelines and follow them. Im going out on a limb here to say that I preferred Nightshifter to yourself, or AUSNRL. At least he had the common decency to at least attempt to follow the guidelines.. and while his posts were not always meaningful, he at least gave a detailed explaination of what his point was (when, and if he ever had one). now rack off. I'd rather remove navel lint for a living than continue to be plagued by your posts of drivel and nonsense.

Well don't let the ICMP hit you on the way out. Honestly, I welcome new members to the forums with open arms but quite seriously, I fail to understand how you can be so immature about something, and get poopy and resort to petty name calling when you are put in your place. Im not sad to see you go, quite honestly, but you should realise that we are not out there to get rid of you, to make you feel uncomfortable like you have to leave.. this site is for everyone, provided everyone can interact harmoniously. All the other members of the site are trying to do is point out that you have made a wrong, and try to assist you to correct it. But when you get your backs up over being corrected, thats where they get annoyed with you, and just want you to bugger off. Im not that old myself, but If I got corrected when i was younger, I learnt from it, I didnt backbite my arse off at the person who was trying to help. pre-teens these days... ugh *shudder*