Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neb, I believe Joz had a fullstop in between those two sentences. one was a statement, the other was a question. I think it would be a bit crazy for WBMW to shut down their biggest attraction in order to build a bigger one. it would be like cutting off your ear so you could wear headphones.... I would say the question about lethal would probably be to point out, that AFTER lethal has completed its latest rehabmaintenance, then it could be all maintenance hands on deck to assist in the construction of the new ride, as it would be ridiculous to divide your workforce in half, one repairing, the other constructing... best to have all hands on deck for both jobs.

I guess you get that information from a reliable source. I think that nobody who really knows will say anything until a formal press release comes out. Until then all we know is that it is going to be Superman themed, and even then I'm still going to wait for conformation from the park. "The Bus is now leaving for Mount Superbus, Queensland"

I guess you get that information from a reliable source.  I think that nobody who really knows will say anything until a formal press release comes out.  Until then all we know is that it is going to be Superman themed, and even then I'm still going to wait for conformation from the park. "The Bus is now leaving for Mount Superbus, Queensland"
I agree, it's ok to speculate but like bussy, I'm waiting for an official press release from MW.

Hey all, has been a while since I posted, anywho, Happy New Year everyone. As for the new Superman Coaster.. hmm, If I know the big wigs (John, Ken & Jeff) right I'd put my money on a Top Hat style ride but I'll ask my buddies in the know at the Park & spill my guts as soon as I find anything else out.. Contrary to belief, MW likes it when word leaks out on the next big thing - it generates excitement & keeps the turnstiles turning. Besides, their only competition really is DW & they have never wanted to - nor have they tried to compete with the high budget standard that MW sets with it's rides. anyway, if I find out anymore before any further press release, will let ya'll know:)

Its coming I know because my bosses have told me and THE COURIER MAIL published it in the paper on the 22/12 I even know 3/4 of the layout just cant say that as im a employee and love my job. anyway here the quote from THE COURIER MAIL if you dont beleve me. http://ozcoaster.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=116 A NEW Wet'n'Wild complex is planned for the Sunshine Coast as part of a huge theme park expansion in southeast Queensland. Warner Village Theme Parks are considering several freehold sites between Caloundra and Noosa, but offer no more details about a likely site. Chief executive John Menzies said yesterday that the park, valued at about $50 million, would be smaller than the Wet'n'Wild on the Gold Coast. The company hopes to have a decision by the middle of next year and would then face a two-year cycle of design, approval and construction before opening. Warner Village, one of Australia's biggest theme park operators, also plans to spend $20 million expanding its Wet'n'Wild site on the Gold Coast during the next three years. Mr Menzies said work had begun to double the size of a children's aquatic playground and the Mammoth Falls attraction by September 2005. The upgrades will include climbing towers, water cannons, slides and buckets which tip water. "We're getting enormous numbers of people with small children. We just need to expand it and put in more state-of-the-art interactive attractions to keep people coming through the gate," Mr Menzies said. The company, a joint venture between Warner Brothers studios and entertainment group Village Roadshow, intends to commit a further $22 million to build an Australian Outback Spectacular attraction on vacant land between Wet'n'Wild and Movie World. A 1000-seat arena will be completed by this time next year to present a musical show featuring special effects and stockmen with horses, cattle and other animals. Warner Village expects to spend a further $12 million to develop a new Superman ride at Movie World and another $2 million expanding its water park at Sea World on the Gold Coast. "We've got a massive program. We're always building something new and 2005 is going to be larger than most," Mr Menzies said. He said attendance had grown by between 5 per cent and 10 per cent a year in the past decade.

Was chatting the Flea last night and I came up with a thought... What may be an option is to go with something like a clone of the Xcel layout... Not going with an original design is going to save big bucks on design and engineering. That is going to free up cash to get a better ride and theming. So I'm thinking maybe the Xcel layout with some added on pre-launch show/staging track. Try this for a concept... The load station is themed to an underground subway station, the train pulls out of the station (kicker and gravity driven) and makes its way through whatever show scenes they want to add. The the launch is the train gets 'pushed by superman' up and out into the open and over a building (the top hat) and then makes its way around the two large overbanks through the city skyline and through, in and around buildings before coming flying into the brake run down into a train tunnel... Just a quick concept I came up with to maximise bang for your budget...

A little off topic but it ties in with the above post. Within my job, I tend to meet a lot of tradesman who know what is about to happen in the construction industry in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area. With that said, I do know that the film side of the park is building on the backlot, a full size set of Metro city for the new Superman movie, filmed both at WBMW and at Fox Studios in Sydney. So to reuse the set in a coaster layout could work if the time line of both projects meets. This does not work however. But it would be nice would it not??? P.S. Look at the front of the park and try to fit a layout in that area for a new coaster and see what you can come up with....you might be close!! ;)

Hi from a new member. I can finally post! The lap bars are what make the Xcelerator ride. OTS would totally destroy the experience. The top of the top hat is just amazing with the momentary weightlessness and nothing between you and the air all around- the side only comes up to my thigh. Xcelerator is third on my list and I for one won't complain at all if we get a clone of that coaster. I'm breathless with anticipation...... Caroline By the way, love the sound of your Superman ride too, the idea of Superman boosting the cars up. We just have to wait and see...

Allow me to be the first to say Welcome, Carolinebee. Despite evidence to the contrary on some of the threads in previous days, we're a great little community here, and its the best place for information on everything Australian Theme Park! Again, Welcome... its great to have another member who has international park experience! Look forward to hearing more about your travels... Cheers, Alex.