Superman: Ride of steel

GoGoBoy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes 'there have been problems of late' with Intamin restraints but most of that is crap anyway. The only reason people fall out is because they have not been secured properly or have exceeded the restraints design. If you look at TOT there have been no problems with that system and Xcelerator has had no problems either. What is stupid is PP at Knotts has had harnesses retro-fitted to its cars whilst Xcel 250m away still has identical restraints :) The yankies are a bit stupid like that and given we have TOT here with no probs with its restraints we may well just get the lapbars (GREAT IMO). Im sure Mr Disney knows and we will all be enlightened once this goes public from the park.

I personally hope for no otsr.Storm Runners are some of the most uncomfortable restraints around. I agree with Djrappa the accident in New England was due to Human error more so than Intamins restraints. I did note the seats on S ROS at NewEngland were flat and elevated.The seats on Total thrill Dragster were bucket and the restraint wrap around you like the BM clamshell restraints.There's no way you're going to fall out.Thats what they should have. Could have Intamin panic over this and decide to use otsr for all their launch coasters i hope not.

It would make it so much better if their wasn't any shoulder restraints.Can you imagine the outcry if they put shoulder restraints on Expedition G force or the Superman Ride of Steel Sixflags New England or even Dragster.There not needed.Intamin seems to be the only manufacture thats doing this.

see this is the problem with rumors. The first statement was a semi-official statement, saying a 40 metre top hat. The second statement was "possibly OVER 40 metres" The third statement, naturally, since its OVER 40 metres, means it must be 50 METRES... then everyone latches onto a conversation about it being 50 metres.... then someone will say its 50 or more then someone will say higher than 50... then someone will say its 60 metres.... and the whole process repeats itself...

I believe the rumor was derived from this post...

she said they should have the ride open early december. she said they had to modify the ride to suit every one needs. they even advised me it might be a straight up ride around 50mtres high and them comes back down. she advised me it will be the best ride they brought to the park
Thanks Ian for clearing this up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been speaking with customer relations dept at movieworld and it is true what i have said, I have been working with penny from movieworld who know what the rides is about and whats happing and it will be added as soon as we have more information comes avaiable. Also i will be getting photo's of where they are in construction and how far are they away from completing the ride and when its offical launch of the ride. As soon as more details are given they will be posted on this site.