New passes at Dreamworld

pushbutton

I have a Platinum pass for Dreamworld which expired 31/12/17. Like all passes it has been extended an extra 6 months, but yesterday it would not work to open the turnstiles. 

A staff member informed me they had changed to a new style of pass and would print a new one for me. 

I was expecting another piece of paper which I would have laminated like the previous one. I was very pleasantly surprised when I was handed a plastic card.

I now have plastic passes for the Village and Ardent parks.

Much more suitable for long term use in my opinion, and whilst the design of both could be more creative, I would say theDreamworld one looks significantly better than the Village one.

I recently bought a VR One Pass and was extremely disappointed it was printed on the same flimsy plastic film as the VIP pass. I'll give them the benefit of hoping they are just trying to use up existing stock before they order more but I was expecting something more solid for such a price increase. 

26754864_10214980615179636_1856137348_n.jpg

• Like 2

Fingers crossed your theory is correct, because after all the improvements the parks have been making, this is one major thing I want them to fix. It’s so much nicer to have a proper plastic card. And they haven’t even used a proper photo of DC Rivals, still the rendered image they were using before the ride was even open. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Fingers crossed your theory is correct, because after all the improvements the parks have been making, this is one major thing I want them to fix. It’s so much nicer to have a proper plastic card. And they haven’t even used a proper photo of DC Rivals, still the rendered image they were using before the ride was even open. 

But much nicer than the Membership card, which just has the Village logo on the front and nothing else. 

On 09/01/2018 at 12:48 PM, pushbutton said:

I have a Platinum pass for Dreamworld which expired 31/12/17. Like all passes it has been extended an extra 6 months, but yesterday it would not work to open the turnstiles. 

A staff member informed me they had changed to a new style of pass and would print a new one for me. 

I was expecting another piece of paper which I would have laminated like the previous one. I was very pleasantly surprised when I was handed a plastic card.

Wait, were the Platinum membership passes at Dreamworld not always printed on a card? 

I joined in April 2016 and it was a card. It does have a very small graphic of TRRR on the back tho. 

2 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

Wait, were the Platinum membership passes at Dreamworld not always printed on a card? 

I joined in April 2016 and it was a card. It does have a very small graphic of TRRR on the back tho. 

Mine started December 2015 and was printed on very thin cardboard. They may have changed it during the following months.