Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

I continue to be baffled by all the park's insistence on closing things for really long, suspicious periods of time and burying their heads in the sand when anyone asks about it, creating more suspicion.

Meanwhile - parks in the US are more then happy to boast about making improvements to safety and comfort.

5 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

The chance that Sidewinders OR Jetstreams are currently experiencing a structural issue is quite hard to believe in my opinion.

Match 5 is less than 13 years old.

They were installed on the Gold Coast least than 13 years ago, however they came from a park in Brazil that opened in 1996 so if they were installed in Brazil from opening they would be closer to 22 years old now.

• Like 1

Some more maintenance have been added to the parks websites:

SW

Storm Coaster will be closed for Maintenance from Monday 5th of February reopening Monday 19th February 2018.

WNW

Calypso Beach

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 7th May and will re-open on 17th September 2018.

Aqua Loop

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 22nd October 2018 and will re-open on 5th November 2018.

SkyCoaster*

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 4th June and will re-open on 25th June 2018.

Blackhole

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 23rd July and will re-open on 20th August 2018.

Kamikaze

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 20th August and will re-open on 2nd September 2018.

Flow Rider*

Closed for maintenance from 3rd September and reopening 24th September 2018.

Super 8 Aqua Racer

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 3rd September and will re-open on 23rd September 2018.

Whirlpool Springs

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 22nd October and will re-open on 4th November 2018.

Surfrider

Closed from 7th May and will re-open on 16th September 2018.

Constrictor

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 4th June and will re-open on 18th June 2018.

Tornado

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 7th May and will re-open on the 27th May 2018.

30 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

What is the purpose of a mega topic "Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2018"?

If I go to WnW in November and wanting to wash myself in the Whirlpool Springs am I to come here and look through 30-40 pages to see if they are open?

Nah usually i'd just do this.

This is for updates and discussion about maintenance.

• Like 1

WWF has had its reopening pushed back to March 30

And some more maintence has been added for MW

DC Rivals HyperCoaster -Closed for scheduled maintenance Monday 26th March, reopening Thursday 29th March 2018.

Intencity Dodgems -Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 23rd July reopening Sunday 12th August 2018.

A 5th maze would be nice! 

With WWF now out till the end of March, at this rate it'll be down until next Summer!

I hope they have found some extra $$ to spend on the WWF show? With such a long down time now, think of all the money saved on Staffing and Power? The Geyser area needs a good clean up and re-paint, ghost town needs attention and of course the finale which has the potential for so much more.

Now I think of it, wonder if the backwards-to-forwards transition area has recently come under the spotlight as a potential area of concern?

3 hours ago, Original said:

Why would you think it could be seen as an area of concern?

Mostly because People are stupid when it comes to a risk of jumping out or sticking hands in the water and our Parks mitigating risk of injury etc.

As the Boats almost come to a stop at this point, it's a part of the ride where the odd 1 in a million dickhead decides it's a good spot to jump out.  Same goes for the bottom of lift 2. When a lot of boats are operating and spacing is out,  you can get a bank up there. Many years ago, I had a guy with Autism pannick here, jumped out, wound up in the drink, clambered out to the island in the middle. Other than soaked from the waist down he was fine. That is after he finally turned up at the exit to the Gremlin ride!

• Like 1

Thanks @MickeyD for that explanation. Thought that would  be case since I know they keep an operator there for that reason.

I do hope nothing major in the ride changes for the worse because to protect themselves from a worse case scenario that some idiot can't follow rules, forgets this is a piece of machinery and gets hurt. 

I'm remaining hopeful the ride is getting another overhaul and theming enhancements. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Original said:

Thanks @MickeyD for that explanation. Thought that would  be case since I know they keep an operator there for that reason.

I do hope nothing major in the ride changes for the worse because to protect themselves from a worse case scenario that some idiot can't follow rules, forgets this is a piece of machinery and gets hurt. 

I'm remaining hopeful the ride is getting another overhaul and theming enhancements. 

Likewise. WWF gets a lot of Mechanical attention every year so with so much down time I hope for significant Show enhancements as well as any safety improvements being subtle and unnoticeable for the most part.