Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

More maintenance schedules added for MW. No SDSC scheduled maintenance yet, but I imagine that will be added once the park and locked in all the new themeing elements:

Arkham Asylum

Closed for maintenance on Monday 21st May and will re-open Monday 2nd July 2018.

Superman Escape

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 30th April and will re-open on Monday 28th May 2018.

Batwing Spaceshot

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 19th Feb and will re-open Monday 25th March 2018.

Tweety Cages in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 14th May and will re-open on Monday 4th June 2018.

Road Runner Rollercoaster

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 29th January and will re-open Monday 19th Feb 2018.

Pounce n' Bounce in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 30th April and will re-open Sunday 13th May 2018.

My guess is that this is DC going down for its first check, just to make sure all the components are wearing in as they should. Every brand new ride does this not long after opening. And correct me if I’m wrong I don’t believe DC has done this yet?! Which is a lot later than it normally would.

I’m guessing it will have it’s big maintenance period where we’ll see it closed for about a month sometime in November, after Fright Nights and just before the big holiday crowds hit it.

Something large enough to warrant repair would cause the ride to be shutdown pretty much immediately. So if its open, i dont think it has outstanding checks/inspections to be made.

I cant see it closing when it was commissioned either. Right in line with the september holidays? Likewise, im not sure if there is enough weeks between september and christmas holidays? 3 or 4 weeks in november isnt a big shutdown for a rebuild. Thats more like double that. So id reckon youd be completing as many checks/monitoring as much as you can to keep the ride running through its first year. Even if it means working through the night. Maybe with a shutdown at the end of feb 2019 for maintenance. 

Edited by Levithian

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Rides shut at dreamworld today: 

- Motorcoaster

- Tower of terror

- Wipeout

- Dreamworld Express

- Log Ride

-  Shockwave

- Play School Wheel

Was this due to severe weather?

Massive Ibis influx to the park 

Given the fact WnW has closed today and events are being postponed 100% chance of weather for most of those closures.