Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

15 minutes ago, themagician said:

Just a thought, is there a possibility that HWSD2 has to close because of the fire effect and other loud special effects, and these could have some effects on the Comm Games in some way. Or they just decided this time because they could 

I do not feel that it would be a problem running the show during the games. It is on the opposite side of the park to were the games are held and I think if it was a problem some of the rides closer to the studios would not be able to operate during the games such as Batwing and SE.

Edited by Mc coaster

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Rollercoaster_Lover that doesn't make any sense though. It's a sea creature attraction, which has rarely closed for month than a month, and most definitely not for 10 months. And winter on the Gold Coast definitely doesnt go for that long.

Ik but that was all i could think of

22 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

"Jack Darke's Buzzsaw" has been pushed back until the 30th April.

TRRR station removal works?

A DA was approved two days ago for "Demolition" at Dreamworld

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=264887

Edited by red dragin
add DA bit

My understanding was demolision began some time ago @red dragin

In their document they posted on FB recently, they said that the transporting of stuff will happen after hours.

There is a gap between the stoppage date and the website closing date, but I assume it just wasnt updated.

“Oh shit, we need dem parts”. 

Didnt it just go under maintenance in november for 1.5 months?

Edited by themeparkaddict

I've only got the DA basics to go off, not sure how that applies to existing works.
Perhaps they went "oh shit, we need approval to knock down what is now a pile of rubble" and sorted it out after the fact.

Didn't realise that Buzzsaw was still not working after that stoppage the other week.

Edited by red dragin

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

TRRR station removal works?

A DA was approved two days ago for "Demolition" at Dreamworld

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=264887

It was approved on the 01/03/2018 not 2 days ago.

Edited by Skeeta

So I popped into the park after work to check on WWF, 

Some key points to takeaway with the reopening 

- Single Rider Queue is now added 

-  Half of the effects were still broken

- Final Lift hill and turntable had the maintenance lights switched on 

- The channel in some sections seemed to be a lot more shallow than the past

On 04/04/2018 at 12:45 PM, Mc coaster said:

I do not feel that it would be a problem running the show during the games. It is on the opposite side of the park to were the games are held and I think if it was a problem some of the rides closer to the studios would not be able to operate during the games such as Batwing and SE.

Movieworld has some events for the commonwealth games?

14 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

So I popped into the park after work to check on WWF, 

Some key points to takeaway with the reopening 

- Single Rider Queue is now added 

-  Half of the effects were still broken

- Final Lift hill and turntable had the maintenance lights switched on 

- The channel in some sections seemed to be a lot more shallow than the past

Good to hear they've had a single rider line.

Well that sucks, I would've thought they would all be working after closing for so long. Maybe todays reopening was a test to see if the rides systems were working and then they will fix those smaller issues

Probably to make sure it all works

Could that be something they've done on purpose maybe, if they are concerned about people climbing out of the boats

Absolutely unbelievable that a ride can undergo maintenance for 10 months and have merely a thing changed. This is really appalling coming from a theme park which certainly does not have a reputation of such acts. On the bright side however - at least it is up and running, hopefully for my next trip to the gold coast in August. 

25 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Absolutely unbelievable that a ride can undergo maintenance for 10 months and have merely a thing changed. This is really appalling coming from a theme park which certainly does not have a reputation of such acts. On the bright side however - at least it is up and running, hopefully for my next trip to the gold coast in August. 

You will find that the changes made to the ride are not visible to the guest eye 

All new sensors were added and a new control system for boats were done during the closure

WhiteWaterWest also wanted to do an inspection on the whole ride, which took a while. And for those who don’t know, they brought out Hopkins back in 2012 which is why WWW did the inspection on the ride 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2