Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

13 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Thanks @Gold Coast Amusement Force for sharing a 10 second video highlighting 2 parts of the ride without commentary.. So...what is exactly your point?

Pretty sure half the effects in the first part only started working properly after the maintance and the second part the water towers stream now goes over you and there is water coming out of bucket thing on the right so it’s showcasing the new or working effects. Sorry for not commenting, next time I’ll be sure to make some analogies 

14 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Pretty sure half the effects in the first part only started working properly after the maintance and the second part the water towers stream now goes over you and there is water coming out of bucket thing on the right so it’s showcasing the new or working effects. Sorry for not commenting, next time I’ll be sure to make some analogies 

Thanks I'll be looking forward to it😁

image.thumb.png.32bc906d7be68bf93d12fb8feade7fe3.png

The Claw today had its 5th push back, now until 2nd July. The Tower of Terror is now closing until 2nd July also. Sword Swings also closed unexpectedly according to maintenance page, opening 2nd July. 

It's probably best for DW to do that planned maintenance on TOT now as the ride is clearly falling apart.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

The Claw today had its 5th push back, now until 2nd July. The Tower of Terror is now closing until 2nd July also. Sword Swings also closed unexpectedly according to maintenance page, opening 2nd July.

July 2nd is the school holidays start - seems a logical time to having everything re-open to me 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Jordan M. Thanks for the update. Any idea why only the first 4 rows on Arkham have had their min. height requirement changed? Is there any noticeable change to the harnesses and/or seats in those 4 rows?

Nothing different I could see with the harness/seats, I was hoping someone on here might have an idea as to why the change has been made.

My understanding is the tower has always had its issues. In fact the gossip was a settlement rumoured after the ride completion given the faults.

It has never worked as well as it should have. The reason for tunnel was 1. To reduce delays after rain and 2. to stop water in the wiring.

The sensors still fail very regularly causing ride to shutdown . Maybe now instead of resetting they have to shutdown and look at in more detail before restarting . That will not necessarily solve the ongoing issues though. 

Edited by dbo121

Went on Arkham Asylum today. Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere yet, however there is a new set of wheels on the front train. VR riders are now only allowed to ride at the back of the train. Wasn’t any less shaky by any means, but the restraints are far better now, as there’s nothing to bump your head into. (Not sure if that’s a new feature, or a long-existing one.)

• Like 1