Theme Park Maintenance 2018

themagician

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, Jordan M. said:

Bus Stop has been fenced off and according to TransLink will remain so until the 14th. A chain was being raised around 10:15

96E57C17-5CAE-43E3-902E-0FC704153049.jpeg

Unsure if this fence is related to Buzzsaw, however I think Buzzsaw will remain closed for a very long time. For unknow reasons Maurer no longer makes any rides that contain:

* X-Train

* Lap Bars

* Vertical Lifts

It seems interesting that they still make all the other coasters though. Dreamworld are probably now scratching their heads as what do we do with it because they have learnt that they need to have the manufacturer approve design modifications and assist with annual maintenance as well as provide specific parts to fix the ride. Could be a long time before we get to "take a spin on the Buzzsaw" again and that's only IF the issues get resolved.

Funnily I really like Buzzsaw, though it was much better when it first launched and went through 2  rotations. 

Find the harnesses great, the off your seat experience in the vertical to upside-down transition to be second to none (must do without holding on), and it packs some great speed coming out of the roll into the dive. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joel said:

For unknow reasons Maurer no longer makes any rides that contain:
* X-Train
* Lap Bars
* Vertical Lifts

It seems interesting that they still make all the other coasters though. Dreamworld are probably now scratching their heads as what do we do with it because they have learnt that they need to have the manufacturer approve design modifications and assist with annual maintenance as well as provide specific parts to fix the ride. Could be a long time before we get to "take a spin on the Buzzsaw" again and that's only IF the issues get resolved.

You're really starting to shit me. You make a lot of broad reaching statements, but you never provide any support for them. A lot of them could be true, but without citation or support, it could very well just be your own assumptions, which you present as fact.

The Maurer Rides website still lists Skyloops \ Skywheels (XT450, XT150) on their website under 'specials'. The same section lists:

Drives
Inclined / Vertical / Up-side-down Lift and LSM Launch

Vehicles
2- / 4- / 6-seater as well as coupled single vehicles and trains

Restraints
T-Bar, Lap-Bar (X-Seat I), Overhead-Bar (X-Seat II), Flexible Bar (Belt)

So I'm calling bullshit...

(Interesting side note - has anyone discussed SPIKE yet? )

As for your suggestion that Dreamworld are going to have an issue getting manufacturer cooperation - just because a manufacturer doesn't sell the product anymore, doesn't mean they don't continue to provide support to their customers... and to suggest that is just stupid... how likely do you think another park would be to buy a Maurer product if they knew that as soon as the company decided to stop making that model, they'd be on their own?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

You're really starting to shit me.

Untitled.thumb.png.cef88ffd89c4e869c4ce87ba6fc59246.png

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

how likely do you think another park would be to buy a Maurer product if they knew that as soon as the company decided to stop making that model, they'd be on their own?

Stop with your common sense.

On 03/07/2018 at 8:14 PM, themeparkaddict said:

Thats an absolute SHIT tonne of maintenace during school holidays. 5 major thrill rides shut, 2 major slides and planned maintenance for RHLR bang smack in the middle of holidays.  This has been timed very badly

Sad times for DW.

15 hours ago, AlexB said:

You're really starting to shit me. You make a lot of broad reaching statements, but you never provide any support for them. A lot of them could be true, but without citation or support, it could very well just be your own assumptions, which you present as fact.

The Maurer Rides website still lists Skyloops \ Skywheels (XT450, XT150) on their website under 'specials'. The same section lists:

Drives
Inclined / Vertical / Up-side-down Lift and LSM Launch

Vehicles
2- / 4- / 6-seater as well as coupled single vehicles and trains

Restraints
T-Bar, Lap-Bar (X-Seat I), Overhead-Bar (X-Seat II), Flexible Bar (Belt)

So I'm calling bullshit...

(Interesting side note - has anyone discussed SPIKE yet? )

As for your suggestion that Dreamworld are going to have an issue getting manufacturer cooperation - just because a manufacturer doesn't sell the product anymore, doesn't mean they don't continue to provide support to their customers... and to suggest that is just stupid... how likely do you think another park would be to buy a Maurer product if they knew that as soon as the company decided to stop making that model, they'd be on their own?

Hello my very dumb stupid friend,

1. i have emailed Maurer Rides and the out come is they do not produce any of the rides that I have listed as per the email below!

3825F6D6-D00F-4645-919E-8FAF942F9823.thumb.png.3c161038fb9458d77f9d10c8441064c2.png

Due to the great expense they no longer produce the x-train / skyloop coasters due to cost. So now I am calling Bullshit on you.

2. Dreamworld probaly didn’t know they were gonna stop producing the product so it’s kinda just loads more bad luck for them at the moment.

@joel the key thing Alex was saying was that Maurer won’t stop providing support to customers who have bought rides that are no unavailable for purchase or obsolete. Despite no longer manufacturing them, it is still their ride and they are still the experts when it comes to that. There would be 100% co-operation on their behalf and I imagine the level of support would no different now to 12 months ago when they still were making them for the market, as like in any business - repeat customers and referral business is key. 

Thanks Brad, Pin and Rappa,

Let's take some key points here:

• The XT\Skyloops still appear on the website, and as stated, they'll make anything for the right price.
  • The manufacturer will continue to provide support to existing customers regardless, for the reasonable life of the product.
  • These weren't my only points, as Joel's original arguments also stated that "Maurer no longer makes any rides that contain: 1- X-train 2-Lap Bars 3-Vertical Lifts" and through the direct website info, I showed that their options continue to include vertical lifts and lap bar restraints.
  • Gladly, he provided the full screenshot of his ridiculous email, and judging by the timestamps (posted Saturday, received "yesterday") he's only emailed them to confirm after I've called him out, so it wasn't information he had to hand when he made his original assertions (on Thursday).
  • Finally, his full name "Joel Ottaway" has lead me to connect the dots that he is Troy Ott (away) A.K.A. @totta3 A.K.A. @Minions! very dumb, stupid, annoying younger brother.

Knowing the Ottaway family history on these forums, it explains everything.

• Like 2

-As expected, Tower of Terror did not reopen successfully today. It has instead been pushed back to the 16th of July.

- The Claw closed all day yesterday however according to Ride Express it has now reopened.

- Maintenance indicates GD is open however Ride Express indicates it is still closed.

- Super Tubes has been pushed back another month, indicating a reopening date of 1.10.18. That's over 3 months of maintenance. 

- Little Rippers has been pushed back until 16th July.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamworld has made a few significant changes to this years maintenance schedule:

- TOT is now 27 Aug, pushed back another month

- Hot Wheels maintenance will now be during September

- Rocky Hollow Log Ride July maintenance cancelled, rescheduled for 2019

- The 2 month closure of MDMC has been cancelled.

6 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

The real question is, should we be concerned with DW removing planned maintenance?

Not at all. HWSW and MDMC are very reliable rides, and have required little maintenance over the last couple years. 

Not to mention HWSW being closed for the day a couple of days ago, likely for a quick inspection to make sure its all good.

At the end of the day both rides are just coasters. Daily morning maintenance would keep both of those rides going strong. 

And at the end of the day, I could go on and on about this, but I am still convinced that Gold Coast parks have some rides closed for cost cutting. Ive mentioned this before, but Rainbows End attractions typically only shut for a maybe a week max each year, however normally just for a few days. Gold Coast parks typically 1-2 months. Its either because Kiwis work harder than Aussies, or GC theme parks are cost cutting or have a lack of labour or other resources.

1 hour ago, themeparkaddict said:

Not at all. HWSW and MDMC are very reliable rides, and have required little maintenance over the last couple years. 

Not to mention HWSW being closed for the day a couple of days ago, likely for a quick inspection to make sure its all good.

At the end of the day both rides are just coasters. Daily morning maintenance would keep both of those rides going strong. 

You sound like someone who would have been in charge on maintenance procedures at DW this time last year.

”Just coasters they’ll be fine”  

“A one day quick checkover will do for this year” 

“morning walkthrough is enough”

”was fine last year, it’ll be fine this year”

”nothing has gone wrong before, so why would it now?”

• Like 1