Wild Mouse Now OPEN

scott, instead of asking basic questions such as that, try finding the answer for yourself. You could have clicked one simple button - Park Database, up the top - and found out that it's Wild Mouse, hence everyone referring to the thing as "Wild Mouse". Amazing, huh? Good to hear it's operating, especially before I head down that way again soon. As a true testament to the coasters of Australia, these wooden mice have the best airtime we've got.

I had a walk through Luna Park today and disneyland is right - it is really busy. Every single ride had queues spilling out into the midway. Even the crappy hired Simulator had a large line which is very surprising. This definitely proves that there is a big demand in Sydney for amusement/theme parks, no matter what the spin doctors at Sunway (Wonderland's sad ex-owners) try and make us believe. This also proves that Luna Park should continue to focus on the amusement park aspect of the precinct. There is no way the park would draw this many people if it was only made up of theatres, cinemas and cafes. The place was buzzing

I saw a bit on the news the other day that showed a football team (might of been the cane toads, go the Blues by the way) and they were going on the ride, I only caught a glimpse but from what I saw the carriages were very small and only one footballer was in each carriage. Can anyone tell me if the carriages are that small or if it was just because they were footballers? "The Bus is now leaving for Player Dam South Australia"

I've known for some time that these wooden wild mouse coasters aren't a Schwarzkopf design. I'll change it some time, though I'm eager to find out actually whose design it is. They were built under license by Luna Park Sydney's Ted Hopkins many years ago (Source: Ride Extravaganza), but I can't say with absolute certainty who the designer was. Schwarzkopf nearly certainly never designed a wooden mouse (Source: North American Wild Mouse). I've always been leaning towards Mack, but I'm awaiting Mack's official response before making any further changes. The carriages are small. They can really only hold a single adult, an adult or a small child or two children. See here: http://www.totalthrills.com/awgallery.php?...age=wildmouse01. If you squeeze two adults into one, the benefit of course is amazing airtime.