Play School Wheel announced - Dreamworld

themagician

I have a question as to how an Adult would fit in that with their child? I'd be worried that I'll topple the thing.

If this is a changes discussion, do we reckon we will see major changes to the Gold Rush part of Dreamworld once they start building their new iFly attraction? I imagine that they'll need to expand the theater, add an area for a decent queue, etc.

Also I hope they add a general theme similar to Soarin'. It'd be a great opportunity to get an Australian Airline on board and theme the building to be an old hanger or something.

• Like 1

It has been built over the Christmas period though, so there would’ve been a couple of weeks where no builders were working, and the ride couldn’t have been installed. And there might have been delays with the rides arrival, so they finished everything else before hand so it was all ready 

How many DW projects are currently on the go?   5

How many projects did DW have ready for Christmas holidays? 0

Can somebody show me where in the history of DW a new ride or attraction has opened in Jan/Feb period.

Something stinks at DW at the moment and it’s not the Koala droppings.

• Like 3

• Richard changed the title to Play School Wheel announced - Dreamworld

Here is a few photos of the attraction in construction phase that I took on my visit to Dreamworld today.

20180122_110834.thumb.jpg.d45b9ce1edbe6cab5b13e6be6fb28bf2.jpg

20180122_110816.thumb.jpg.27d8be16eceedf08c45ddea1c59c6f1e.jpg

This ride has gone up very quickly, and appears to be not that far away from opening. There is some theming and a nice shade cover that has been built around the ride too:

20180122_110832.thumb.jpg.b7b2df12feee3fe2433f83563ded0ccd.jpg

20180122_131922.thumb.jpg.c43af5e0e8a9857a7d7a5e861d82ace3.jpg

The ride was covered up with this fence. It fits the area nicely but looks kind of cheap considering how I can easily see over the fencing:

20180122_110829.thumb.jpg.03f9bc032ab335cd8b58c1cf645700ce.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/01/2018 at 10:37 AM, CaptainLazerGuns said:

I have a question as to how an Adult would fit in that with their child? I'd be worried that I'll topple the thing.

If this is a changes discussion, do we reckon we will see major changes to the Gold Rush part of Dreamworld once they start building their new iFly attraction? I imagine that they'll need to expand the theater, add an area for a decent queue, etc.

Also I hope they add a general theme similar to Soarin'. It'd be a great opportunity to get an Australian Airline on board and theme the building to be an old hanger or something.

Look - I was skeptical I would fit into the tweety cages with my son - and it was very cramped, but completely doable. these look a little bigger than the tweety cages, so it should be quite fine.

I'm guessing the thread has been split off somehow but can't see the other thread - I like your suggestion for the airline. given Dreamworld and Qantas are both born and bred Queenslanders - I think a partnership there would be fantastic, and truly inspire the 'Australian' aspect. Qantas A380s all have a camera in the tail - wouldn't take much to record some of the footage while it goes across country - don't use it for all of it - but it could be incorporated for sure.

Seeing I didn't get the time to share these yesterday, I will share them now 

Much better look at the control booth

IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.c41964e304555602a47e81dac4d12353.jpg

I believe it's already been mentioned on here (if it has I apologise) the ride manual confirms that Zamperla is responsible for the ride 

IMG_0152.thumb.jpg.59fd1869831497ce46d86f3e7501c700.jpg

Seat belts are installed on the ride ( most likely an world first safety feature that DW has included) 

IMG_0158.thumb.jpg.c61dfd7e20ce4569c4bb8faed8b64702.jpg

I feel like there should be placed here smacked right in the middle even if it's just a sign saying Play School or Play School Wheel, I do hope they do something with that but seeing how 'unique' this ride to other ones installed I'm gonna say they are gonna leave it blank

IMG_0159.thumb.jpg.c61ee220431df09ffc320a4fab449b64.jpg

And seeing that the fences are down, here's some up close shots of the ride 

IMG_0161.thumb.jpg.b10d7296f3b81b76bfe47cd371e9adb7.jpgIMG_0156.thumb.jpg.32d328984aaf0d2492cc9bdab1724dd2.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like perspex is DW new go-to material.  First time I have seen this model Ferris Wheel closed in above the metal railings with perspex. 

@Adventures With JWorld the middle rotates with the ride and it might be a clearance or maintenance simplicity 

issues why no signage is attached to the middle.  Not to say there isn't one but I have never seen this model with a sign in the middle.  However, this model can come with lights in the middle which DW has opted out on.

The perspex should make things nice n warm for Parents & Kiddies alike on a Hot Day... Bit like being locked in a Car?

Let's see.. Adding Restraints that leads to slower Cycle times and adding extra casing to inadvertently place Rider's Heads on slow cook? 

Wowee DW. Do they not think anything through?

• Like 2

Quietly anticipating the “no bumping rule” on the dodgem cars - “you can dodge, but you can’t bump”. 

In order to safeguard people from whiplash, riders must wear headgear and only 2 cars will be allowed in the dodgem arena at any one time, and sensors will shut the ride off if one car comes within 5m of the other. 

Capacity maxes out at 48 riders per hour... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...