Strange new noises on Wipeout

6 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

How come it didn't even make it to 2 flips at 1:58?

And how long should it take for new parts to "Wear In"?

I think its the breaks that lock the gondola in place. I think it’s not locking the gondola right in the first place and causes issues later on in the backflip and doesnt release the gondola early enough to do the second backflip, does it to late and doesn’t have the momentum to achieve the second backflip... if that all makes sense. Thats what I gather anyway from watching the videos. 

• 3 weeks later...

It’s not really worthy of creating a new topic but I’m at the park today and maintenance had to be called out to the Wipeout. I was on the ride at the time and just as it was starting the gondola must’ve got out of alignment (?) and we just rocked for a couple of minutes. Would’ve taken a maximum of 10 minutes for maintenance to arrive and realign the ride so that we could get off. They just finished testing and been given the green light. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

I’m still 50/50 whether they will bring the surfboards back, maybe in the next maintenance period? Time will tell! But I do hope that they bring them back as well.

It's like Tower of Terror without the skull or the "Tower of Terror" down the side - it's part of the ride's DNA (although in saying that the spot where the skull is located these days is pretty awful compared to where it was when it opened.)

• Like 3

I also witnessed the fountain on sat and was glad to see it return. 

Whilst I don’t mind too much if the surf boards come back, I do agree with ben, they are iconic and a part of the parks DNA just like Main Street is, and just like the Steam train was, and shouldn’t be destined for the trash heap. If they can’t make use of them in their traditional position, hopefully they can find a new home for them somewhere.

• Like 2

if they cannot bring the surfboards back, they should take the one that is a single piece, and mount it on the wave. I know the wave isn't structural, so it'd need some work to mount it - and i don't want them to do it if it means shutting down and dismantling the ride again for any length of time - it'd be cool to see it like that.

Even if they can't attach it to the ride structure, it'd be awesome to have them find SOME way of putting them back within the ride area.

• Like 3