Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

Dreamworld's Log Ride modifications are a symbol of everything wrong with Ardent Leisure

10 posts in this topic

Dreamworld's Log Ride modifications are a symbol of everything wrong with Ardent Leisure

The newly reopened Rocky Hollow Log Ride is a clear example of ignoring every other theme park operator in the world to come up with an untested and overly complicated safety improvement. It's why Ardent Leisure need to bow out of the theme park game.

Click here to continue reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the saying goes - if its stupid, and it works, then it aint stupid.

Sure, it's not as elegant as Disney's solution, and of course it's cheap - they can't exactly buy new boats every time a flaw in the old one is identified! Who do you think they are... Disney?

We've seen retrofit in many parks, and on many rides before. Sure, it's inelegant, and cheap, and a clear indication of the contempt with which ardent treats it's theme park customers - but if it does the job it is meant to do, and gets the ride running until perhaps a better alternative can be found within budget - then i'm ok with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexB said:

As the saying goes - if its stupid, and it works, then it aint stupid.

Sure, it's not as elegant as Disney's solution, and of course it's cheap - they can't exactly buy new boats every time a flaw in the old one is identified! Who do you think they are... Disney?

We've seen retrofit in many parks, and on many rides before. Sure, it's inelegant, and cheap, and a clear indication of the contempt with which ardent treats it's theme park customers - but if it does the job it is meant to do, and gets the ride running until perhaps a better alternative can be found within budget - then i'm ok with that.

if its going to course damage to the log boats over time and there are chances its going to course injury. its clear it does not WORK 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ardent to blame for everything, or the maintenance department of dreamworld doing their jobs and the operations manager of the park relying on the experience of their staff and outside contractors to come up with a workable solution that fits the brief?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2018 at 7:38 PM, JeffreyMoore said:

if its going to course damage to the log boats over time and there are chances its going to course injury. its clear it does not WORK 

You have no evidence of this CAUSING any damage to the boats. It's been hypothesised only. I am yet to receive an answer to my question, about whether there has been any reinforcement underneath these mounting points.

You say it is clear it doesn't work - HOW? because you read an article? That explains a lot about SJWs in today's age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets think this way say the accident happened on RHLR and not TRR 

does anyone think we would be seeing Ardent been just as silly and putting something like this on the TRR rafts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cage or roof like thing on top of those tubes would be a hazard if the tube flips. It could get pinned in any of the under water structures which would drown people.

It might have ended with the ride closed because realistically youd want some form of locking harness/restraint, but that spells doom if a tube flipped over too. So it might have been difficult to have someone prepared to pass the ride from an engineering stand point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

lets think this way say the accident happened on RHLR and not TRR 

does anyone think we would be seeing Ardent been just as silly and putting something like this on the TRR rafts 

Just a heads up - no need to post the same comments on multiple threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this does is again prove the park is run by inexperienced operators.

Given  the time and expensive already gone to, to basically "vandalise" their own attraction, DW WOULD have been better off investing in new state-of-the-art log-ride boats with purpose built restraint systems.

AGAIN, DW is a quality theme park...or it was originally built with that intention.....not a collection of carnival or side-show like attractions widely thrown anywhere....as has been the respective operators approaches, for the last couple of decades or more!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this