Adventure World - what actually is it?

DaptoFunlandGuy

Adventure World - what do you think it is?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What should we consider adventure world to be?

• A Theme Park - like Movie World
    • A Water Park - like White Water World
    • A Water Park with dry attractions - like Wet N Wild
    • An 'Action Park' - with a mixture of wet and dry attractions that has sort of grown "organically" like Jamberoo
    • An 'Amusement Park' - nicely themed attractions but each not really having much to do with the one next to it
    • I'm from Perth, and I love the park. Why are you picking on such an AWesome park?
    • I'm from somewhere other than Perth, and I really don't care, but i'd visit if I was in the area

Agreed - good call @elemist.

Abyss is still a great coaster - like Ben said it's more of a sports coaster. It's not AA or HWSW rough; it's just not as re-rideable as Turbo Mountain was. 

Reason why I was talking about the music was that it sounds like Harry Potter type music when you enter the park - like a proper theme park. The team members work together as a cohesive whole, not like carnies at a sideshow alley.

1 minute ago, iwerks said:

Abyss is still a great coaster - like Ben said it's more of a sports coaster. It's not AA or HWSW rough; it's just not as re-rideable as Turbo Mountain was. 

Not so sure about that - after a few rounds of the tight curves on Turbo Mountain you just about had to see a chiropractor to have your neck/spine re alligned!

Good post, sums up my opinion well.

It's sort of on the cusp of being a theme park, but the sparseness of some parts stop it from fully getting there.

I think its fine to have the big lawns etc for picnics, but they sort of need a bit more to unify it, and the structures can't just be pool fences and council type shade structures.

To me, a theme park is something that takes you away from the here and now, and when i was there, there's not quite enough to disguise the "Perth aridness"

5a7e7c74e2e48_awpicniclawn.thumb.jpg.7db8d9eae06fe2c6e98ee7272d634377.jpg

If you wanted to fix that, the lawn itself needs to become its own semi secluded precinct, with a few structures in there that unify it...Heck you could even theme the area as an "aussie bush retreat" .

Then the fringes of the area get landscaped to separate it off.

The green area is more tiki themed shelters, and a layer of tropical gardens, fading into wild western at the western end.

The purple zones would be more of a classic main entry statement for the park. Do something with the  paving here to make a distinc first impression.

The red zone would be gardens to segue into the Abyss/Rampage/Goliath area.

(And by the way, that area needs to be given a proper name....Eg "The Mythical Way" or "Land of Legends" or whatever)

• Like 2

Idk what to call AW, but here's wat I think of the grass. It helps like bloody crazy any day 30^c+. Everyone at AW walks around barefoot (you can't wear shoes on a slide etc). If I wanna go from the abyss to Kahuna, I can do so barefoot without getting 3rd degree foot burns. And where there isn't grass, like the walk up to inferno/Kraken, there is shade. Most families don't go on water attractions, put on shoes dry, take off shoes (process repeats). It's branded as an all round park, so these 'unthemed wastes of picnic space' is intelligent, and so they don't get sued (unless your an upcoming talent being an idiot on kraken🙃)

• Like 2