AW Nights 2018

Tim Dasco

Thanks Skeet. You should check out this site here and this google Ngram for some more fascinating reading.

but fuck that - they're two hours behind us - and that'd mean the sun would set at like 8pm, and it'd be like Daylight Savings - and we can't have that in Queensland... so - apricots.

That's because NSW has too many rabbits.  We need to build the wall to stop the rabbits. 

For the kids there'll be face painting, balloon shapes and of course Dragon's Kingdom's own Yarli, Yarlotte and Flossy will be there too.

Adrenaline rush more your thing? Take on our thrill rides.... in the dark. All of our rides, slides and attractions including Goliath, Abyss and Kraken will be operational (excluding the Aussie Wildlife Experience).

If all the fun makes you peckish #AWeathappy at Adventure World's cafes and kiosks. Serving up a variety of fresh and tasty offerings from family feasts and salads, to share platters and delicious desserts. Vegetarian and Gluten Free options are available too. You can also purchase barista made coffee and for those 18+ we have a selection of locally brewed beers from Gauge Roads, Ciders, Wines, Spirits and Cocktails to enjoy.

Wow - you guys are about as informative as the AW website. It would be useful to learn something more about the Nights before going, but it's always nice to get a pleasant surprise. I wonder if they'll get as many performers in with Fringeworld taking place across other parts of Perth. It would be cool if they did Dive-in movies or at least recreate the outdoor cinema they had for Fright Nights. The bar is always a great place to escape the crowds - it's good that it's back. I wonder what extra lighting or effects they'll have for the rides? We'll soon find out.

• Like 2

The Adventure World team are extremely excited for the launch of their first AW nights event tomorrow and have been doing many updates of preparation for the night on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.

”Spotted! Flamingling around the park. TOMORROW NIGHT it’s #AWnights showtime! Better be quick and pick up your tix online now for your chance to win a Family Season Pass for the 2018-19 Season.”

54BE6251-7459-4F4D-9335-3B127969C83A.jpeg

• Like 3

Just a quick report from the inaugural AWNights. Got there about 5.30pm and was at the head of the queue for entry (they were still chasing day patrons out - apparently it had been quite busy). They opened the gates at 5.50 or so for a rope drop of sorts at 6pm. Yarlotte and her minders even showed up. 

Headed over to the lockers and then the pool, which had lots of flamingo inflatables on it. Went on the mat slides next and had four runs with no one but me on them. Went over to the racing slides, before deciding to dry off. Got on the chairlift, which was operating, and captured some nice shots as the sun went down. After wandering around the park, I decided to take an early dinner on the upper deck of the Kahuna Cafe.

I was tucking into a patented Mark Shaw Chicken Caesar Salad, when the lights on Kahuna Falls went out. Kids kept going on it and they eventually fixed it an hour or so later. At first I thought they had hit the lights on purpose in order to emphasise the DJ, who was playing nearby, but then I saw a guy with a torch. 

Put my camera away after that and then went on the Grand Prix and Abyss with next to no wait. Abyss was awesome, as I was expecting it to be completely dark when we got out - it wasn't. It was like entering an elaborate show building (kinda like the old ET ride), with the forest on the left and the moon overhead. Once we were over the lift hill, it was a little more intense than normal. Abyss' tracks have this bluish/purple lighting, so you could only see a few meters ahead at a time.

Did one last lap around the park. It was 9 o'clock. Checked my photos and the Kahuna Falls lights came back on. 

Overall, the night kinda reminded me of extra magic hours at a Disney park, where you can ride your favourite rides at night with little wait. The DJ was very chilled and didn't really gather a crowd. It was a very mellow, family friendly crowd, with couples picnicking on the lawns.

Got in for free since I'm a Platinum member, so not bad value for me. The weather was so much better than Fright Nights and there were tonnes of people in the pool all night long. Looking forward to next week's event.

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

• Like 5