Adventure World 2018- improvements

Tim Dasco

It was also good to see 4 trains running in off peak on Abyss and all shops open until closing. Along with the minor changes made to develop the customer experience.

Also Goliath has on ride photos and all the Dragons Kingdom Characters where out today for photos. It's great to see that you can still buy food after 5pm.

• Like 2

It’s always made sense to keep the shops and eateries open after official closing time.  Disney have always done it.  Imagine if Main Street was closed as you were walking out.

As for maintenance, I’d love to see the chairlift replaced with something faster and with a larger capacity; especially if Mi4 starts next to the Kraken.  I’m not an expert on Australian taxation but do depreciation rules apply to something like the current chairlift.  Could any write off help fund a new cable car?

On 10/02/2018 at 4:55 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Goliath merchandise Will be available next season.

As in - the end of this year? as in a year after opening?

so this MAXIMUM IMPACT attraction didn't even have Merch? Fuck me - thats something even DREAMWORLD can do.

would somebody see if they can find that dropped ball? i think it's somewhere near bibra lake...

• 4 weeks later...

So went to AW today with @ABYSS and we decided to do an idea i got with a conversation with @iwerks. I have never done everything at the park in one day. But today I decided to see if you can do everything in one day including the pool, all kahnua falls slides and animals. We managed to finish it by 4:15pm. It was fun and it proves how much there is to do at the park. Anyway a few things from today. The park fairly busy for this time of the year. With 33 degree weather and the PMH Big Kids day out event happening in the park today it defiantly had some crowds.

Goliath had someone yack on it 2 times within half an hour. :(

IMG_1684.thumb.JPG.eb3b4f180d9d5875a625a5e0a7215636.JPG

Abyss was running 4 trains till about 2pm when they removed one. Was cool to watch and Inferno is back!

5aa524525909f_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_41_59pm.thumb.png.dc137d58b2e42fbf0f8afabe700d8ed3.png

5aa52468c6dd9_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_41_47pm.thumb.png.97bc463acc8700a2b2c21aeca486a5a3.png

The park is looking good and was great to see everything open again.

5aa52493a7360_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_41_35pm.thumb.png.2a5d3fb65ed7f53e9b86858a1c72ff13.png

The new High Voltage Power Main building.

5aa5247dee296_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_41_42pm.thumb.png.b28a3d536ce625a160acaa571119e228.png

The High Speed internet to the Go Karts. ;) (Nah just more power stuff added last season)

5aa524a9471a7_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_42_07pm.thumb.png.eb6ea0ca5e0b7802d22c27757d9fc18c.png

* Oh and great customer services today by Jacob in Dragons Kingdom. When some people in line were talking and wondering what Kraken's wait was. He called the Kraken team and asked and got an answer to them. (But kudos to all the team. There all great and happy all the time)

However its one thing I think the park could really benefit from is having at least the major rides have digital waiting signs which display the waiting time. Then next to the park map's put a summary of the main ride wait times. This would really avoid having people complain about long queues if they know what there getting into before.

Edited by Tim Dasco
  • Like 5

Job well done, @Tim Dasco. I'm glad you did that as there are a few rides I wouldn't touch or I'd be one of those people on Goliath. The only park I've done all the rides on in one day was HK Disneyland shortly after it opened. I hope you avoided the spiders on Yarli's Safaris and @ABYSS didn't get too sick on the barrel spin.🤢

• Like 3

10 hours ago, iwerks said:

Job well done, @Tim Dasco. I'm glad you did that as there are a few rides I wouldn't touch or I'd be one of those people on Goliath. The only park I've done all the rides on in one day was HK Disneyland shortly after it opened. I hope you avoided the spiders on Yarli's Safaris and @ABYSS didn't get too sick on the barrel spin.🤢

10 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I managed to spin the Barrels a little to much that he said he wanted to do Yarlis Safari to recover. (Coming from a person who can do Rampage 3 times in a row)

HAHA

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2018 at 1:27 PM, AlexB said:

As in - the end of this year? as in a year after opening?

so this MAXIMUM IMPACT attraction didn't even have Merch? Fuck me - thats something even DREAMWORLD can do.

would somebody see if they can find that dropped ball? i think it's somewhere near bibra lake...

Did you know Goliath is the tallest gyro swing in Australia? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Did you know Goliath is the tallest gyro swing in Australia? 

Technically the tallest gyro swing ride in Australia is The Beast (KMG XXL). Goliath would be the tallest 'non-portable' gyro swing ride in Australia. Or the tallest gyro-swing ride in Australia that is manufactured by Intamin.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Technically the tallest gyro swing ride in Australia is The Beast (KMG XXL). Goliath would be the tallest 'non-portable' gyro swing ride in Australia. Or the tallest gyro-swing ride in Australia that is manufactured by Intamin.

But The Beast isint a Gyro Swing, it's a KMG XXL, Gyro Swing being a model type. Only Intamin call there Pendulem rides Gyro Swings.

• Like 1

Lol no offense but if you need to cite the designer, it's a rubbish record. News just in, Arkham is the tallest Vekoma Rollee Coaster in Australia 👍🏻

All this sort of marketing does is devalue records as a thing, like all those super niche Proslide records. Just market something for how good it is rather than some obscure fact that not even autistic super fans care about.

Joz - Autistic super fan.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

But The Beast isint a Gyro Swing, it's a KMG XXL, Gyro Swing being a model type. Only Intamin call there Pendulem rides Gyro Swings.

I don't think the term 'gyro swing' is exclusive to Intamin. Sure Intamin may have coined the term 'gyro swing', but it's often used in the industry to describe a 'frisbee' / 'spinning pendulum' style flat ride - which is what the Beast and Goliath and the Claw and the Freak Out all are.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, joz said:

All this sort of marketing does is devalue records as a thing, like all those super niche Proslide records. Just market something for how good it is rather than some obscure fact that not even autistic super fans care about.

“The most advanced roller coaster in the world. The biggest, the fastest, the greatest thrill attraction ever built. THE DC RIVALS HYPERCOASTER - the best.”

i have evidence people

I’m sorry but that’s a load of bullshit. Atleast @Tim Dasco point is valid and is actually realistic.  

Whoops.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here or what your evidence is trying to prove?  But 2 things:

1. DC Rivals is the tallest fastest full circut coaster in Australia. No disclaimers or anything, that's legit what it is.

2. Who said Movie World's marketing was good?

I hate to piss on your bonfire but Goliath's 'record' is totally bogus. I bet it's a great ride, it looks to suit the park well; Adventure World looks like an awesome park, but don't get butthurt that someone called your record dumb.  In other news, Cyclone holds the record for the tallest fastest coaster* in Australia/New Zealand!

*Only counting S&S Arrow coasters

By the way I don't think you're a bad person because you're wrong, have a really good Eastee

Edited by joz
  • Like 1

Spent most of the day at the park with my good pals @Tim Dasco and @ABYSS. The temperature was in the early 30s yesterday and numerous staff said they had 5000 people there. Today’s maximum was in the late 20s and plenty of people rocked up later.

They rode Australia’s tallest gyroswing a number of times. We went on Abyss(the ride) three times, where Boden was one of the ride operators. We spent a little bit of time in the pool, rocky rapids and Kraken. I saw the AW wombat out and about eating grass. We fought it out on Bucanneer Battle, Abyss(the guy) nearly lost it on Inferno as the ride op tricked him that the ride was over and we had a noneventful time on the chairlift.

52211CC3-C1DC-4A3F-9F59-9A5BB24F0446.jpeg

417785D9-070F-47D9-8A67-8E34DF2B7C07.jpeg

626FEEDF-E487-4FB7-A923-BEF8C0874054.jpeg

4C58DF76-8267-4AFA-BBF7-B47068F0FBE7.jpeg

783F002F-5CD5-4288-9701-8EF0FD71C36B.jpeg

66510824-BC54-4A05-A2DF-38248E011FD5.jpeg

Edited by iwerks
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Um, The Druid height sign guy is held together with roof rack elastic ropes!   So Disney!  

" Beware the power of the "Abys..mal." 

I did notice that last time I went, next time I go I shall see if it's been fixed properly. It seemed like it had just snapped off and was a temporary fix. Hopfully it's better now.

• Like 1

Great day in the park, today. Beautiful weather in the early to mid twenties. AW was quite empty, which is surprising because it’s the start of the school holidays and there’s only two weeks left in the season. No wait for most rides, except for the Grand Prix, which was up to about half an hour. Kraken was a walk on. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, including some kid who had climbed up a tree near rail rider. Someone else managed to get a mat from the slides into the big pool. Geniuses!

21EB1F78-7CB9-477B-806B-A03C96585925.jpeg

F4BD0B55-6744-4FF6-B996-770F3EBDD160.jpeg

E3D4A14A-1AB4-477A-8F27-18BD36316C2A.jpeg

DE420A3F-A829-4828-9322-F8A231B4A4D1.jpeg

73491166-298A-4C64-9E34-F3AA8375225F.jpeg

EA111F22-C36B-41B8-AD40-ACCAB544BAF6.jpeg

981DDC86-AC47-47F8-A85D-6E5DE20F6640.jpeg

3868C7E9-F682-4FA9-9661-CFF13958EEB8.jpeg

8F83F6BF-655B-4F89-96B1-9DA23ABB3559.jpeg

E28891A8-778B-4DA7-995F-90AD33B334DD.jpeg

9955F3BD-426B-4C4F-98F6-5EF1C9823F10.jpeg

B6003F41-65AD-4E11-82CA-9B5265A6F5DE.jpeg