Adventure World 2018- improvements

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol no offense but if you need to cite the designer, it's a rubbish record. News just in, Arkham is the tallest Vekoma Rollee Coaster in Australia 👍🏻   All this sort of marketing does is dev

So at the park today with @ABYSS and noticed a few things: Sprinklers have been added to the Rampage queue which was something they were asked to do last week. Inferno tower is back up and s

Just a quick visit to AW, today. They did halt operations and observed a minute’s silence at 11am.  I entered the park just before 10 from the members’ entrance. Struggled with a dodgy locker bef

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, jddc7 said:

how does Kraken cost 17.5 million but Abyss 12 million

Kraken is listed on the park wiki as costing $7million. The Abyss figure you're quoting is likely also the 'ride purchase' cost - so comparing apples with apples, its $7m vs $12m. The $17m figure quoted above is likely total construction and all associated costs right down to path upgrades, fencing, civils and earthworks, pilings and footings etc...

The total construction cost of each is likely a bit higher for Abyss.

I can't remember the figure now, but @Mark Shaw has previously suggested as a rule of thumb that a ratio (30%? 50%?) of the total cost is the ride purchase price? I can't remember but i'm sure @Tim Dasco does...

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jddc7 said:

how does Kraken cost 17.5 million but Abyss 12 million. Hopefully a new flat ride..not sure what they can add but would be better than another water slide

Yeah, I’m hoping for a couple of family flats. Some team members were saying junior flats, but we know certain people like family rides. I’m suspecting another Zamperla.

That kid who said Kraken cost $17 mill was full of crap. I think the feeling was the park wasn’t doing as well as they had thought. Not getting another slide like Kraken is a good idea. Anyone who thinks Kraken is too challenging won’t like another slide just like it.

Also, did AW just get a baby emu?

93F09247-D071-4A94-A2DE-576D692E69AB.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/06/2019 at 11:32 PM, iwerks said:

Yeah, I’m hoping for a couple of family flats. Some team members were saying junior flats, but we know certain people like family rides. I’m suspecting another Zamperla.

That kid who said Kraken cost $17 mill was full of crap. I think the feeling was the park wasn’t doing as well as they had thought. Not getting another slide like Kraken is a good idea. Anyone who thinks Kraken is too challenging won’t like another slide just like it.

Also, did AW just get a baby emu?

93F09247-D071-4A94-A2DE-576D692E69AB.jpeg

50% roughly

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Broadly speaking, the ride/slide component of the project usually turns out to be about 50% of the total project cost. 

Would that mean the '12 million dollar' price tag associated with the abyss is a rough representation of total project cost (implying a cost of around 6 million for ride infrastructure) or would that figure reference just the price of the ride itself and not the total project.

On 12/07/2019 at 3:23 PM, Aw hype said:

Would that mean the '12 million dollar' price tag associated with the abyss is a rough representation of total project cost (implying a cost of around 6 million for ride infrastructure) or would that figure reference just the price of the ride itself and not the total project.

Total project, rounded up with marketing launch costs/management time costs factored in.  Everything bar the kitchen sink pretty much. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Inferno was up and testing, today. The new paint job looks good, although they haven’t replaced the scrim and signage down the bottom yet. Unlike, Outback Splash, Kahuna Falls doesn’t appear to be getting a new paint job and looks pretty faded. It looks to be quiet around most of the areas. I could see a cherry picker front and centre (probably work on rail rider) and a ladder up near the kiddie coaster/ yarlii’s barrel spin. 

E0B2C0FD-D695-463C-AAE1-459FB9BD366D.jpeg

3497AB3D-0093-4605-B4CA-4CE6F72EBE9B.jpeg

62C278EC-0381-4BCC-B3C3-9E6CC10A694D.jpeg

47BFD3C8-B680-4D15-81D4-5601CFC513E9.jpeg

03FC6A13-C709-4373-BD52-6876ECBD46BC.jpeg

0CDB8E75-8BB0-4643-BFF1-39F1226A477A.jpeg

A072397E-009D-4558-B812-5FE62B0CA726.jpeg

D0811576-65F5-4465-BC76-D31A6CE77791.jpeg

Edited by iwerks
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Will be at the park on 27 September, two days before the season starts, as part of the physics day (https://www.stawa.net/student-activities/physics-day/). If anybody wants a report on on anything in the park or has any information about the physics day (I'm curious) just reply to this comment and I will do my best to investigate anything people want to be investigated. Excited to ride Abyss with what will be presumably newer wheels and not have to wait in line for the Kraken for half my afternoon

• Like 1