Gold Rush demolition at Dreamworld

pushbutton

30 minutes ago, themagician said:

@T-bone No it hasn’t, it was still there two weeks ago.

I am trying to place this @themagician. I thought the Hollywood house was close to the Cave/ Jungle Scene on TRRR and indeed knocked down years ago. This house in the photo looks like the small building on the Island that was featured in a scene on Captain Sturt. But I am confused of the perspective of the fence pictured in the forground.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Okay, so can someone explain why the Hollywood House got its name? And what the house on top of TRR was for?

Start here, and read the next 5-6 pages, especially @Skeeta's post, and @Theme Park Girl's photo on that same page. Subsequent pages had us discussing if it was alongside the lagoon, or the yellowish building on the left once you entered Goldrush.

Edited by Glubbo

20 hours ago, Roachie said:

Not even close. I spent the day with John Longhurst just recently and had a chance to interview him about this - feverishly working through the transcriptions as we speak so stay tuned.

My questions for John is;  Why he never finished off the steam train project he started on his property at Tamborine Mountain?

On 25/03/2018 at 2:15 PM, Roachie said:

Not even close. I spent the day with John Longhurst just recently and had a chance to interview him about this - feverishly working through the transcriptions as we speak so stay tuned.

Awesome! Can't wait for your interview and hearing what he has to say on everything?

Did you ask him if he has ever regretted selling/considered buying back DW? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ardent are not going to invest significantly all at once. It does seem they have a plan in place to revitalise the area but it’s a probably a 5+ year plan. They are not going to drop $100m in one year to build a whole new themed land... I’d be happy if they consistently add a new attraction each year for a few years to bring some life to that side of the park

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Ardent are not going to invest significantly all at once. It does seem they have a plan in place to revitalise the area but it’s a probably a 5+ year plan. They are not going to drop $100m in one year to build a whole new themed land... I’d be happy if they consistently add a new attraction each year for a few years to bring some life to that side of the park

Very optimistic of you, but they'vealready said they have no plans for the area so far. To me that's a very clear sign that they aren't really committed. 

They've had ample time since the TRR incident and any fully committed theme park company would at the very least have a masterplan for the future development of not only Gold Rush, but the whole park. 

You don't just wait and see what happens 😨! 

They may have said they have no plans for the area, but remember when Rivals or any other coaster on the coast has being built, the official line from the parks is "coaster? What coaster"? so don't read too much into what they publicly put out there. There would be plans for the area, even if that plan is to leave it empty for 5 years, there are plans.

• 3 years later...