Sign in to follow this  
Adventures With JWorld

Dreamworld Corroboree - "Stage 2"

23 posts in this topic

We had 2 hours to spare today and headed down to Dreamworld.  We only stayed in Dreamworks/Ocean Parade area, and every ride was a walk-on.  It is probably the quietest day I've ever seen there.  They were spruiking to get people to ride Wipeout, as they didn't have enough people for the weight to be balanced, that was the only delay we had.  In under two hours, the kids had been on Puss in Boots, Dronkeys, Gingey, Madagascar coaster, looked at the new tiger cubs, Kung Fu Panda, Tailspin, Wipeout, Shockwave and The Claw.  Not racing between things either, and got a few character photos and browsed a couple of stores in that time.  

Must be a quiet Sunday all round...

Just got home from SW. We got there at 2:45 and left at 4:45 and got through all the nick rides, the paw patrol show, 3 goes on battle boats and about 20mins in the new kids splash area (that was having Water issues - being a lack of water at all - hence battle boats while we waited for them to fix the water supply) and a monorail ride back to the front of the park 

Not sure where neon fits with traditional Australian Indigenous culture?

The pathway itself should be about 3 times wider to feel like a general Park pathway and not a queue for a ride.

One thing that really makes these , err 'enhancements' look particularly shit is how no effort whatsoever is made to blend them in with the surroundings bushland.

Screenshot_20180305-083559.png

I personally think it is an improvement from what it used to be, just a plain path, with a small sign at the start near Rocky Hollow. At least this creates some shading and shows the bright and vibrant aspects of the Aboriginal tradition. But the path definitely doesn't seem quite as wide, which is a shame (as said) it doesn't seem like a main path entrance to a new land within the park. But maybe the existing infrastructure didnt allow for it to be wider with the curved design they chose. I am really glad that they didnt have that curved wall on the right go all the way up and left it open, otherwise that definitely wouldn't be a nice experience to walk through there

I preferred it without the weird transparent triangle things over the top, but I still think it looks way better than a boring dirty path. I recall that path always being quite narrow, I don't think this structure has made it much narrower.

I feel like the transparent coloured thingies are meant to be representative of the 'rainbow serpent'.

google image search for 'rainbow serpent' and have a look at the imagery that comes up - very similar to what we're seeing here.

On 10/02/2018 at 4:15 PM, themagician said:

Not a massive fan of the snake head, but does some what make sense for the curvature of what follows.

The snake head looks like a copy of the “cut snake” head at then end of the slide at White Water World.