Sign in to follow this  
scott

Areas of Dreamworld

9 posts in this topic

Of the 11 different area's in Dreamworld,which one do you like best?And which ride in the area?For me it would be a close tie between Ocean Parade and Gold Rush.As for rides,in Ocean parade it would be cyclone,in Gold Rush it would be Rocky Hollow.By the way, what is TOT are?Gum tree gully or Tiger island?

i think ocean parade and goldrush area are both the best, goldrush's best ride for me would be eureka mine ride, ocean parade would be wipe out. If i had to pick the park best ride no doubt it would be tower of terror.

Okay,let me see if I can remeber.... Gum Tree Gully,1982 Ocean Parade,1993 Gold Rush,1986 Nick Central,2002 Tiger Island,1995 Australian Wildlife Experience,2001 Central Plaza and Main Street,1981 Rocky Hollow,1981 Blue Lagoon,1983 Koala Country,1983 Um,that's only ten........oh well :(

I'd have to say my favourite park of the park is Ocean Parade. Simply because Wipeout is over there. Second runner up is Nick Central. I know, I know i'm to old for that area, but I like the look and atmosphere.. lol Screammachine

Substitute Koala Country for River Town (Koala Country became part of AWE in 2001) and you have Dreamworld's 10 'themed' area's. Though River Town and Gum Tree Gully may as well be the same area since there's nothing really remaining of Gum Tree Gully which IMHO was once the nicest area of the park (better then the old Country Fair and Village Green areas). For me, I'd have to go Gold Rush Country. It seems to be the only one of the older areas that's not been either overrun or destroyed visually like what has happened to Rivertown and Rocky Hollow. Ocean Parade is nice but to me it appears as though its purely the themeing of Wipeout that make it so. The main entrance plaza and Blue Lagoon are each looking a bit on the sad side. Nick Central is pretty good but since I'm not of that demographic I can't really get too excited.