Work commences on Dreamworld's Flying Theatre, Gold Rush goes and Corroboree expands

Parkz News

The signage has been given a lick of paint, complete with a demonic face in the oil drop. The meaning of this theming addition is, presumably, "because we could".

I believe that theming "addition" has been there since the ride first opened. For all I know, it could have been recently added to the signage but I definitely recall seeing it as part of The Giant Drop's logo in DW's brochures a decade ago and thought how clever it was to add it into the oil drop's reflection. It has featured at times in some form on DW's website since as early as 1998 when the ride first opened & this image from Dreamworld's current Giant Drop webpage has shown it since 2015:

GiantDrop-s.ashx

Good to see they've given The Giant Drop signage a new coat of paint though.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 1

Just a few thoughts I have from the update:

- Good to see they are advertising the new attraction, and not leaving the fencing/walls blank

- Hopefully some of those theming elements from Gold Rush are moved to RHLR (providing they fit the theme)

- I assume the mesh/netting for Giant Drop is for 'extra safety' but if so, why not actually make it safer

- I personally really like the new theming elements added to this end of Corroboree.

- Where actually is this new 'amphitheatre'?

- It is a shame that they have removed the train tunnel waterfall, and just replaced it with pool fencing. Surely a timber fence of sorts would've fitted much better. Even if it did cost a bit more and took a bit more time.

- It is good to see a lot happening throughout the park, but it is disappointing that half finished things are left exposed for all to see (particularly in the Corroboree area, unless they are hidden, but photos were taken over the fence)

- And that first piece of theming for the Dreamworks area (The archway over the door on the left building) 100% confirms it is Trolls, if it wasn't already. If this is just a temporary attraction, things surely should've been done much quicker, or issues resolved before construction began.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Minions! said:

As I already stated the Cloth is there to prevent objects falling from the top of the tower onto someone's head, whilst the maintenance crew were working on the ride at the very top of the tower during the rides annual maintenance.

I think the point that @Richard is trying to make is that that if it wasn't a piece of mesh flapping in the breeze on a 400 foot tower right near moving parts it'd be totally fine.

50 minutes ago, Minions! said:

I Agree it looks stupid, but with ongoing works out of public hours I don't see why they cant put it on whilst they're working and take it off when they're not, I can just see something dumb happening and the cloth getting caught in something...

Or a more permanent installation. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, Minions! said:

They're certainly not having an "Identity Crisis" they know their market, look, branding, presentation and definitely have an enormous care in what the do, if this wasn't the case the park would be closed or with no investment whatsoever going into it.

^see previous update

• Like 2