Wild West Falls finally reopened!

pushbutton

Despite the signs at the park entry saying it was still closed today, and the maintenance website saying likewise, the ride was open  ("technical rehearsals" sign up) late this afternoon, so I had several goes.

The only obvious sign of work having been done over the past year was parts of the trough you go through after you leave the station had apparently been replaced by new concrete. It had been painted,  but no effort was made to match the colour of the surrounding, pre-existing parts. New parts are grey, older parts brown.

As was the case prior to the extensive closure, many of the effects were not working, or working poorly.

Long story short, very disappointed. Hard to see why it was closed for so long! 

Signs are out the front saying its in technical rehearsals

IMG_2430.thumb.jpg.84678e3e7254e7173f41beb1a1a008ee.jpg

And as you walk in there is this sign

IMG_2432.thumb.jpg.d993dc3b41674fe04fc5e860867011a1.jpg

The way the queue line is organised now, with the introduction of the single rider is much simpler and better

Most rides had a very short queue this afternoon, but WWF had a massive queue (no time was shown, but the queue nearly went to the entrance)

As stated, there has been new concrete added. But the only majorly visible section is at the beginning, as you pass under the staff walkway.

None of the screens/projects were working, and there was less sound/music through the Old Faithful and ghost town, and some of the effects in this area still aren't working properly as stated.

One thing I did take notice of today, which I havent before is the signage through the lift hill doesnt make any sense at all. It adds theming, and if you don't read them all its good. But I recommend everyone to actually read them (on both sides) next time and you will see what I mean. Some of the things they say include: 'No Entry', 'No Drinking', 'Break area ahead', 'Mine Shaft Entry'. They are very contradictory. Not complaining because it isn't anything major, just a side note.

• 1 month later...

A bit of a Nerd story; back in the 'Olden days' of WWF,  MW created an in-house system of upturned aluminum frames that were placed along the channel out the back of the ride. .  In case you don't believe me, maybe take a look back on this site and old footage?. No shit, the idea actually worked and created a bit of a 'bubble' effect that raised the water level and kept the boats buoyant throughout. .  For many years it worked flawlessly and uninterrupted. That is, until some stupid Lawyer dreamed up a "better" idea of a Person actually getting hurt while riding

Edited by MickeyD

On 01/06/2018 at 12:39 PM, Mc coaster said:

I was there the week it reopened it was running all 8 seats the first three days and then after that they started only filling the front 6 seats.

I visited mw on the 17/4 (so not long after it's reopening). On that day the back row also wasn't in use. They filled the first 3 rows and left the 4th empty.

Edited by Luke

37 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Also also yesturday they filled the whole boat, i think they only fill the whole boat if it is a nig line or not because yesturday it had a big line but last time i went it had a short line and they weren't filling up the whole boat

That doesn't make any sense though. It's like sending Superman Escape with only 6 people in it because the line is only 10 minutes long. 

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Also also yesturday they filled the whole boat, i think they only fill the whole boat if it is a nig line or not because yesturday it had a big line but last time i went it had a short line and they weren't filling up the whole boat

That can not be the reason because at the time I was there it had a 45 minute wait and they only filled the front 3 rows.

I am not aware of any weighbridge that guests stand on prior to boarding unless this was added during recent maintenance... it was foreign to me visiting WWW recently and having groups weighed before getting on slides (admittedly it’s probably been like this for a while as I hadn’t been in quite a long time). 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I am not aware of any weighbridge that guests stand on prior to boarding unless this was added during recent maintenance... it was foreign to me visiting WWW recently and having groups weighed before getting on slides (admittedly it’s probably been like this for a while as I hadn’t been in quite a long time). 

Not to be rude but, You don’t need to weigh people to tell if the boat may bottom out🙂