E-Stop on Flying Dinosaur at Tokyo Universal.

Whombex

17 hours ago, Glubbo said:

From the MIA "just the facts, no sensationalism and fear-mongering buzzwords" department we've been missing so much, ABC gets it right.

Japanese roller coaster glitch.

Not really though:

• It says it happened midway through the ride, but it was just on the lift hill at the start of the ride
  • It says 64 riders, but it's only one train, thus 32 passengers were stuck on the lift hill
  • It implies that all 32 passengers were stuck for two hours, but realistically it was only the last couple of folks who had to wait anywhere close to that period.
Edited by Roachie

12 minutes ago, Roachie said:

Not really though:

• It says it happened midway through the ride, but it was just on the lift hill at the start of the ride
  • It says 64 riders, but it's only one train, thus 32 passengers were stuck on the lift hill
  • It implies that all 32 passengers were stuck for two hours, but realistically it was only the last couple of folks who had to wait anywhere close to that period.

Well.. No?

It says "Up to 2 hours" then continues later on that only last passenger waited the 2 hours.
They also attribute the 64 passengers because the park apparently advised both trains stopped "midway" through.

44 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Well.. No?

It says "Up to 2 hours" then continues later on that only last passenger waited the 2 hours.
They also attribute the 64 passengers because the park apparently advised both trains stopped "midway" through.

- The title says "passengers hanging for two hours" - the implication there is that ALL passengers were hanging there for that period.

- there's no MCBR on this ride. Given how broad & contextual the japanese language is (added to the fact that I searched everywhere and couldn't find a press release from the park) i'd suggest "midway" is anything that's not the start or end of the station itself. We (being enthusiasts) know that lift hills are generally at the start of rides, not midway through though.

Ultimately, arguing context and implication online is a fool's errand. 

10 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

You should see Tokyo Zoo's escape drills.

Looks a lot like the escape Rhino drill.

And escape Zebra drill

They all end with people getting hurt and the animal getting shot with a dart.

Hopefully they can come up with a plan where people don't get hurt soon.:P

Edited by Skeeta

57 minutes ago, Roachie said:

Ultimately, arguing context and implication online is a fool's errand. 

Indeed

57 minutes ago, Roachie said:

- The title says "passengers hanging for two hours" - the implication there is that ALL passengers were hanging there for that period.

I think you're reading far too much into it. the title is truth - passengers WERE hanging for two hours. not all of them, but some were. your argument that the title implies all passengers were stranded for two hours is a bit of a stretch...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Indeed

I think you're reading far too much into it. the title is truth - passengers WERE hanging for two hours. not all of them, but some were. your argument that the title implies all passengers were stranded for two hours is a bit of a stretch...

The general public (see: the vast majority) who reads it thinks “fuck 60+ people for TWO hours” not “well hang on, there’s two trains of 32, and because this ride doesn’t have an MCBR the other train would’ve been in the brake run and because of the evac system design & procedures B&M have they can only unload one row of four at a time meaning realistically only four people out of the 64 waited for two hours.”

Bapurao-Tajne-Digging-Well-Youtube.thumb.jpg.2856bb6341836299356f9073e27940b7.jpg

I was going to throw you down a rope to get you out @Roachie but I'm afraid if I give you to much rope you might hang yourself with it.:D

@Roachie I asked my "general public" workmate to read the article and I asked him how many trains were involved.  He replied. “Haven’t you got work to do?”