Movie world - Rainy day a good or bad idea?

Hopsauce

Hi,

I'm in the gold coast on holiday and am keen to head to movie world. We would have gone today but as its a public holiday we're avoiding that. 

The weather tomorrow (Tuesday) looks really sketchy but I'm not 100% on reading Aussie weather forecasts. 

Would it be a bad idea to head along tomorrow? 

I'd like to ride the rides I haven't riden before, DC Rivals, Green lantern, and VR Arkham. I'm worried about them not operating in the rain? 

Queue times are quite key as we have a couple of little ones. 

If Tuesday is a bad idea we could go Wednesday. Thoughts? 

Thanks! 

If the forecast is for rain that generally means a lot of people won't go to the parks, so there should be less queues.

On the negative side walking about in the cold and wet (if it is cold and wet) isn't particularly enjoyable in my opinion.

Generally the majority of rides still operate though except in really severe weather (during storms many rides have to close for safety reasons).

My suggestion would be go to Movie World, but if the weather gets really bad, take time out at "Game Over" which is just a couple of minutes drive away, then go back to Movie World when the weather clears up.

Loads to do at Game Over like go-karting, virtual reality games, rock climbing, and "meat-hooks" (a sort of comfortable and effortless version of zip-lining anyone can do). All at modest prices, and all indoors!

http://www.gameovergc.com.au/

Edited by pushbutton

Generally, unless the rain is really heavy, rides will operate. The only ride that doesn’t operate during any form of rain is Superman Escape, but as that is currently down for maintenance, you won’t have any issues there. Queues will very likely be low because of the forecast and school holidays have or are ending. If there is heavy rain, there are a few options to take for indoor rides, shows, etc. So I personally think you should just go

53 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Today was raining nesrly all day and Arkham was broken down all day, also it was extremely busy, what was really stupid is DC rivals at one point had a 75min queue and they where only running one train

Been discussed previously - a call is made in the morning as to whether 1 or 2 trains will be used. There is significant downtime to add a train to the tracks once operation has started for the day, which would only exasperate the queuing. Given it’s a public holiday you’d think they may have prepped for 2 trains and a busy day but obviously forecasting pointed to a slower day or possible maintenance on the 2nd train 

Superman used to shut down even with the slightest amount of rain back until the mid 2000's. I know when I was working there (2011 - 2013) the entry host would keep an eye on the rain and if it got too heavy they would call the supervisor and they would make a decision weather to cease operations or not.

They have become quite a bit more relaxed with running in the rain, I do know Arkham stops running VR in the rain for obvious reasons. As far as lightning goes I think it's within 5km of the park, if there is a lightning strike they stop operating all outdoor rides (the exact distance could be wrong, I am just going off memory) and certain rides have different wind tolerances.