China’s first International water theme park in Haikou, Wet’n’Wild Haikou, is now open

13 hours ago, joz said:

I dunno, looks like a worse collection of slides with the same mob running it. Seems worse than Sydney to me.

I'm really hoping you didn't miss the intent of my post.

That said, it will be more successful simply because of the market - they'll get far more visitation from the locals than Sydney does, and that ultimately is the yardstick by which it will be measured.

25 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm really hoping you didn't miss the intent of my post.

Maybe you had a disconnect between brain and fingers moment.  😀  I missed your intent too.

I don't know why people are disputing which park is better.  The Riptide Sydney looks exactly like Typhoon Haikou.  Wet N Wild did such a great job in cloning the park that I can't spot the differences. </sarcasm>

1181617607_WBS6_Riptides.thumb.jpg.e3d94459ca47218417ad108010c67816.jpg

Riptide Sydney

747798911_TyphoonH.thumb.png.0e57cfd35388031fac211665a0a80e1c.png

Typhoon Haikou

In English Haiku. it can be 17 syllable or 17 words, following a 5-7-5 pattern.

My original draft followed the syllable rule but it was hard and i had already put too much time into it, so settled for the word count. I actually did quite a lot of googling to confirm the rules, and the word count is just as acceptable as the syllable count in the english language. :P

16 minutes ago, AlexB said:

In English Haiku. it can be 17 syllable or 17 words, following a 5-7-5 pattern.

My original draft followed the syllable rule but it was hard and i had already put too much time into it, so settled for the word count. I actually did quite a lot of googling to confirm the rules, and the word count is just as acceptable as the syllable count in the english language. :P

Not to offend the Japanese’s any further with your "English" modern Haiku poem I have written a Hailu poem of my own in the tongue of the Japanese’s.

どのように私は単語に合うのですか

および音節の数

良い俳句のために

Is WnW currently expanding to any other countries?