Afterglow - Movie World

AFTERGLOW

On selected Friday and Saturday nights in June, Warner Bros. Movie World’s Fountain of Fame will transform into an electric evening filled with amazing live DJ acts, roving entertainment, street-food and all your favourite thrill-rides with the all new Afterglow event. Afterglow is the park’s hottest new after-hours event and is included with your Village Roadshow One or any valid ticket. Experience Afterglow on the 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 29th, & 30th June!

29C87730-4090-496A-99F3-1A091EB697B3.thumb.jpeg.d03310cbf6740a7180643ea4412d296e.jpeg

https://movieworld.com.au/seasonal-events/afterglow

Legit this is last years Carnivale at Sea World but back at Movie World and included in admission.  I mean they've got hardly any rides open, some 'up and coming musical' acts, watered down street food menu and random street performers.

On the other hand, it can be a bit meh, it's included in admission price and they have booze on.  I'll take my cynical arse down there one of the days and have a few just to be sure. The website is suspiciously lite on details though; like what time does it go till?

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Was hoping they’d do the DC heroes vs villains night parades again for the school holidays but reckon this probably puts to bed the chances of that occurring 

But the school holidays aren’t until July, so that’s here is a possibility, or maybe they will do that in the September holidays this year.

No, you will need a valid one day Movie World admission for the day you are visiting. Alternatively, you can visit as many times as you like throughout the event nights in June with a Village Roadshow One Pass and receive 12 months unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country.

I noticed this on the site - my thought on this is just how many people are going to be pissed when they want to hang with their mates who have passes, get to the front gate, presume it's probably like Fright Nights, Carnivale etc. etc. and thus they can just pay a little to come in only to be told "sorry, you need to pay either $139 or $199 for a season pass or $89 for a one day ticket to get in." Guests are going to love that. 😅

I'm sure the park has some sort of justification about doing it the way they're doing, but much like the Afterglow page on the site (with its artist links that go nowhere etc. and lack of information) i'm kinda getting a slight vibe that this is either rushed or there's a lot of chiefs on this one (and not a whole lot of Indians if you get my drift) and the reality of the guest experience is being lost somewhere in the middle.

On 13/06/2018 at 5:05 PM, themagician said:

Probably because they announced the event only a week before it began, and not as many knew about it 

Exactly, I was leaving today and I can already say I would definelty rather be at top golf. Definetly targeted towards teens not families