DC Super Heroes & Super-Villains 2018

37 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I really do hope they mix it up on other days and let kids win the Best Dressed, after all, it’s about the kids isn’t it? Your regular parents don’t have hundreds to drop on professional costumes for their kids... 

988F9891-E0D5-4B77-9896-A97584A52F2A.jpeg

what kid needs $1000? 

All 10 contestants looked like they had put in a lot of hard effort even the kid dressed as Scarecrow. Theyre not going to let a kid who's purchased a suit up costume win $1000. 

2 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

I think they could of brought in some new shows like last year unless today was just opening day jitters?

There were lots of little pop-up things when I was there today.

I was talking to a staff member and they said that the parade is definitely 5:30, and they are kinda making the rest up throughout the day.

33 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

what kid needs $1000? 

All 10 contestants looked like they had put in a lot of hard effort even the kid dressed as Scarecrow. Theyre not going to let a kid who's purchased a suit up costume win $1000. 

That is my point. I hope some kids who have a made a lot of effort (or their parents have) gets a chance to win and it’s not given to an adult cosplayer every night. Don’t think that’s an unfair expectation or thought.

26 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

There were lots of little pop-up things when I was there today.

I was talking to a staff member and they said that the parade is definitely 5:30, and they are kinda making the rest up throughout the day.

Seems a strange comment from a staff member given there is a runsheet of what is on where & when being handed out to everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Like what? I missed most of them.

Lots of photo ops*, Cat Woman did some fighting and whip cracking, Joker just being Joker, other characters just being present.

*I thought the photo ops were disgusting though, because MW was charging $20 to get photos with anyone who is not normally at the park (eg. Penguin, Riddler, etc.)

1 hour ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Lots of photo ops*, Cat Woman did some fighting and whip cracking, Joker just being Joker, other characters just being present.

*I thought the photo ops were disgusting though, because MW was charging $20 to get photos with anyone who is not normally at the park (eg. Penguin, Riddler, etc.)

Actually, they have several photo-ops lined up. Free opportunities are listed separately to the paid-&-booked ones. Because those appearances don't always fill up, they also sell 'tickets' to those appearances at the actual appearance.

Check your showtime guide and you'll find where those characters are appearing outside of the booked and paid experience - each one has a freebie.

9 hours ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

All characters do free photo sessions. You just have bad timing. Head to the Photo Centre and you can pick up a list of when all the characters are out. Only one session a day per character is Pre-Paid.

• Like 3

Another adult won today. She was half Joker, half Batman. I believe she got to the park around 4ish. There was a family that had been there all day. Dad as Green Lantern, Mum as prisoner Harley and 2 sons as Jared Leto Joker and Clark Kent. I was hoping one of them would have won to be honest.

Today I saw that family as well as Scarecrow ( adult) and GCPD officer and bat girl 

21 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

Another adult won today. She was half Joker, half Batman. I believe she got to the park around 4ish. There was a family that had been there all day. Dad as Green Lantern, Mum as prisoner Harley and 2 sons as Jared Leto Joker and Clark Kent. I was hoping one of them would have won to be honest.

When I saw her costume it reminded me of Prince. 

E8766714-1F4B-4265-B2EA-643797BE55C7.jpeg

• Like 1

On 07/07/2018 at 2:24 PM, FoolishMortal999 said:

Isn’t the rule once you win you can’t reenter the comp? 

No. You can enter as many times as you like but you can't win more than once in the same costume. 

People that have won aren't necessarily there to enter again. Sometimes they are just there dressed up again with their friends to see if a friend can win as well.

Tonight was the first time that they had a child win. He was dressed as the Joker. It is the same kid that was dressed up as Scarecrow for the first 2 nights.

Edited by JaggedJanine

• 6 months later...

As one of the people in costume for this event (The GCPD officer, actually), I gotta say that the contest side of the event was a bit skewered in its selection process. There wasn't much of a 'Entry Form' frankly, the sort of just plucked you out of the crowd if you were standing near enough. As for the Adults going up against the Kids, well... its an all-ages event, and when they throw everyone into the same category, its gonna get messed up real quick. 

Perfect example is how on the second-last day of the event, a Lego Batman showed up in the last five minutes of the day as everyone was lining up for the competition selections, and took home $1000 for being in the park for five damn minutes, when plenty of others had been in-park, working the crowds all day. 

I'm honestly hoping that the next event has a bit more organisation in this regard.

As for the guy who took home the first night's prize as the Arkham Knight, I know him personally also- really nice guy, and completely surprised they picked him- honestly we all were expecting them to go for the kids over us, we were just there for fun and photos. But hey, it happens...

Regarding my GCPD uniform though, I assure you, I do have more costumes than just that one- though it is my flagship costume that I am most proud of for it's screen accuracy to The Dark Knight movie, hence I wear it quite often. As for wearing it for the majority of the event, that mainly falls to the fact that it is currently the only DC themed costume I own (thats due to change soon, gonna throw together Rick Flagg). 

I don't have many costumes, but the ones I have I make sure they're done damn well, and I take pride in all of them. 

• Like 2