Shaun the Sheep Coming to Paradise Country

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Do people really pay to get in?

Nah that's just silly talk Skeet, of course they don't!

It's actually a nice place to visit and get up close to the Animals - they even give you free food for them, unlike a certain Fish Park down the road.. Just don't go in the warmer months, you'll melt. Or any day much over 25° for that matter. Or a rainy day because there is very little shelter. Or when there is a high fire danger because, well you could die.

Other than that, it's a nice little place! Go with no expectations and they will be exceeded, for sure.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Do people really pay to get in?   Whoever has paid to get into PC can you please raise your hand.

I've been before but only because it was included in my pass. I can see the appeal of it to international tourists (mainly asians), but no one else.

I couldn't really see myself going back again, and I wouldn't recommend anyone going who's not from overseas.

Don’t mind it at all, apart from the stupid walk just to get to the entry. I do agree shelter/Shade can be hard to come by, but the shows are decent, there are some added extras like damper and billy tea tasting etc. 

I get access with my pass and take my son probably 2-3 times a year, I probably wouldn’t pay to just visit there if I didn’t have a pass - though the Shaun the Sheep attraction and waterplay is obviously aimed at increasing their local attendance and probably will be successful in doing so 

Agreed Brad. It's easy to see those who don't visit the parks with kids. The place is perfectly suited to families.

The walk to the entrance is a shit however, it'd be great if they could rethink that part of the park. Parking is obviously difficult without using the parking on the other side of the creek, and clearly this was recognised a while back when they used the studio tour trams to transport groups over there, but they really need to do something with that long walk.

On 30/11/2018 at 3:55 PM, -nick.white.1543 said:

I've been before but only because it was included in my pass.

I couldn't really see myself going back again.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going who's not from overseas.

On 30/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, Brad2912 said:

I probably wouldn’t pay to just visit there if I didn’t have a pass

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

The walk to the entrance is a shit

So, we all in agree.  Paradise Country isn’t worth the entry price. 

Twice actually, although not straightforward -

the first trip we were staying at SWR, and the PC ticket was an upgrade at the tour desk for an additional (but not full price) charge.

the second trip we were passholders with PC included, and went along with family and friends who were not passholders, for them to visit for the first time.

Does it have repeatability? Not really - but for a first time visitor, and the cost at the time, yes, it was worth it.

I've just logged on to have a look at current pricing, and it seems they don't do straight up admission on their site anymore - its entry and lunch, or entry and mining or entry, lunch & mining. I don't really care much for the mining, but i've lunched there before, and had the buffet, and I quite enjoyed it and would happily have paid $20-$25 for the offering - which drops the price of the admission considerably, and the all inclusive ticket is a great package for a day trip.

Is it everyone's cup of (billy) tea? no.

Am i shouting people down that it's shit and they should all love it? no.

Am i saying it has it's target market, and that their offering is of quite some appeal to that particular market segment? yes.

Edited by AlexB

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Am i shouting people down that it's shit and they should all love it? no.

Who's shouting people down?

I asked,

On 30/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, Skeeta said:

Do people really pay to get in?   Whoever has paid to get into PC can you please raise your hand.

I wanted to know if people paid to enter. 

4 hours ago, Skeeta said:

So, we all in agree.  Paradise Country isn’t worth the entry price.

I also stand by this because you have never personally paid the full price to enter yourself.

A-to the-Lex-to the-B (thank you @MickeyD) you have never woken up and gone F me, today I'm going to open up my wallet and pay full price to go to Paradise Country.

I don't give a flying fadoodle if people go to Paradise Country or not.  I didn't think many locals would pay to get in and this is what I wanted confirmed.

I didn't say anyone was shouting someone down, I was noting that my statement wasn't intended to suggest anyone else's view was wrong, just that it wasn't correct to apply that logic to others.

People do pay to enter. I'd pay $20 to take a kid into a petting zoo, feed the animals, watch a sheep dog \ boomerang demo, some (terrible) horsemanship, sheep shearing, etc etc. I don't have to pay, because it is included in my pass - but that doesn't mean I wouldn't if it weren't... my visits might be less frequent, but i'd go.

As for your statements, saying 'so we all agree PC isnt worth the entry price' and then saying 'i didn't think locals would pay to get it and this is what i wanted confirmed' don't really gel - so you accept that non locals \ first timers would pay the admission? So it is worth the entry price. Its just not worth re-entry.

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

so you accept that non locals \ first timers would pay the admission? So it is worth the entry price. Its just not worth re-entry.

Locals have a better grip on what's hot and what's not.  

Not to dissimilar to the NZ migration plan timeline.

NZ family holiday on GC and fall in love with it.

NZ family move to Monterey Keys GC.

NZ family move to Upper Coomera.

NZ family Logan City.

NZ family move back to NZ.

Many locals pay much more to go Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary but are unwilling to pay much less for Paradise Country.

I wouldn't pay to enter Paradise Country for two main reasons.

1. Most of the animals at PC are also at Dreamworld, and

2. Whilst I do like to see these animals occasionally, I'm not fanatical about it. I'll see them sometimes while I'm at Dreamworld, and a few times a year I'll stop by PC because it's included in my Village membership. But I wouldn't pay separately just to enter PC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...