Dreamworld's Peter Brock Experience closed

webslave

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/peter-brock-car-collection-sold-off

The famous ‘Brock Experience’ collection of Peter Brock’s cars has been sold to a new owner – all bar one car.

Its former owner and curator, Peter Champion, confirmed that the sale has taken place and that the new owner wishes to remain anonymous.

Nothing in the article suggests the collection is going anywhere - only that it is owned by someone else.

They've got it pretty nicely displayed as it is at the moment, and it costs money to house and store these things, so the new owner picks up a great deal on a collection that is already set up. In addition, ownership probably carries certain park access perks. Unless the new owner wants it for themselves, or wants to display it elsewhere (which would be stupid in my opinion, since a standalone display wouldn't attract the attention it gets at dreamworld, and would cost oodles to set up)... so i think we'll see the collection stay at the park for now.

Of course, when its time for the collection to move on, It presents a unique opportunity for dreamworld to build an enclosed attraction in the heart of their primary thrill attractions area. .. which is something i look forward to.

31 minutes ago, webslave said:

What I found interesting was that the article didn't really make anything of the fact the collection is at Dreamworld.

They're also using very outdated photos - the collection has been at Dreamworld for nearly three years now. Weird huh?

I have no doubt the park knows and is being mum about what's going on there.

46 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Why? You know nothing about me!

HaHa

On 01/03/2018 at 7:47 AM, pushbutton said:

I think the bit towards the end of the attached statement makes it clear they have no plans for a new dark ride as yet.

Next stage of Gold Rush redevelopment works commenced.pdf

On 17/02/2018 at 11:24 AM, pushbutton said:

What new dark ride? 

On 17/02/2018 at 6:53 PM, pushbutton said:

I'm certain he was saying he hoped to reopen Eureka Mountain once the mountain was demolished, and the plan was to build a new structure in place of the mountain. So it would have been the old derelict wild mouse inside a shed.

Not exciting!

I'd love to be wrong but I haven't seen or heard anything that remotely suggests they have plans to build a new dark ride, I'm afraid!

On 30/12/2017 at 2:01 PM, pushbutton said:

Not thrill rides though please!  I think they're on the right track with the plan for a dark ride. 

On 10/05/2017 at 8:29 PM, pushbutton said:

Not a cheaper option, but (and I know some people here will groan at this idea) I really think they should find ways to differentiate themselves from Movie World. Offer something different. Not everyone likes rollercoasters all that much. Invest in experiences which will take guests into DREAMS. Honestly that is what I hoped to find when I went to Dreamworld the very first time, and I was very very disappointed when I found most of the rides are just basically fairground rides.

Now to their credit they have one such experience now in Kevill Hill. That is very good. However they need more. At least one world class dark ride would be an outstanding investment which would attract families and theme park lovers who don't necessarily like being thrown up and down or spun around all that much!

On 08/05/2017 at 5:55 PM, pushbutton said:

Is it too far fetched to think it will be transformed from a hypercoaster into a Pirates of the Caribbean dark ride prior to opening?

On 30/12/2016 at 7:04 AM, pushbutton said:

I'd also love a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dark ride with chocolate river and great glass elevator. I've been on the one at Alton Towers and it's fantastic! 

Also a Doctor Who walk through similar to the one I've been in at the Doctor Who experience in London would be awesome. Dreamworld would probably have the best chance of pulling it off given they already have arrangements to use ABC kids characters and ABC has close links with BBC and broadcasting rights for Doctor Who. 

A Simpsons dark ride would also be brilliant! 

On 26/12/2016 at 9:07 PM, pushbutton said:

Possibly I might not be the only person in Australia that likes dark rides after all!

I won't make detailed comment because it's all been said already and I agree with most of what's been written in this thread so far. I just hope they have something absolutely awesome planned, but even if they have I agree that they should:

1. Not have started a major re-theme of the best ride in the park during the peak Christmas holiday season, and

2. Have closed the ride during the re-theme, and ensured there was clear communication to advise what was happening (apart from that being a courtesy to loyal guests, it could also be a great marketing opportunity that they appear to be disregarding.

Whether it's an intentional and (very poorly) planned re-theme, or whether it's an unplanned but necessary safety fix, either way it's being executed extremely poorly.

On 24/02/2016 at 8:50 PM, pushbutton said:

I wouldn't be interested in a coaster that's just a coaster for the sake of a coaster. There are some incredible coasters around the world and Movie Worlds new coaster would  have to be as good as or better than in order to claim that it was "Worlds Best". I'm still not sure how a roller coaster could really have a Movie theme either unless it's part of a dark ride.

I'm still hoping that this "Worlds Best" attraction will be something none of us has imagined so far, and won't disappoint.

On 18/02/2016 at 4:01 PM, pushbutton said:

I haven't been on any dark rides in Australia except for the ones in the Gold Coast. Are there any elsewhere?

In my opinion, and of the ones I've been on and remember, the best ever was Bermuda Triangle. 

Now that's sadly gone, it's a very close call between Scooby Doo and Wild West Falls. 

If I had to pick the best of those two I'd say Scooby Doo. 

That could possibly change though once WWF has its effects overhauled. 

On 09/02/2016 at 8:06 AM, pushbutton said:

I would be extremely disappointed. 

For me to consider it worlds best it would have to be either a state of the art dark ride, a state of the art walk through, a very well themed ride experience such as Jaws, or a very innovative cinematic experience, possibly incorporating a ride. 

Goes without saying that whatever it is needs to have an immersive movie theme.

Separate from all of that, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the entertainment precinct includes. 

On 29/01/2016 at 7:40 PM, pushbutton said:

Agreed. It would be great to see a new live action show in there. It's an excellent place to cool down and to sit down. Well, it would be if it were ever open!

I suppose since it's never open they may as well demolish it, or who knows, they might be re-purposing it to house a new dark ride. If so that could potentially be awesome!

On 31/12/2015 at 3:27 PM, pushbutton said:

I'd love it if they made DREAMS the major focus for marketing, events, a new fantastical dark ride, and all future developments be they rides, walk-throughs, characters, shows, restaurants, shops, or landscaping. 

It's the name of the park and it would give them a clear point of difference from the Village parks.

They've made a great start with Beat Box.

I'd also like to see genuine improvement to the quality and prices of food and drink options. 

Just one other thing that is very basic, but extremely important. They should OPEN THE DOORS!!! Having everyone queuing to squeeze through a single narrow entry is a very poor first impression, especially during peak times. 

On 23/12/2015 at 1:12 PM, pushbutton said:

The right balance for me would be if there was a Disney Park and the passes were around $250-$300 (max). That assumes  Disney standards of themeing and staffing, numerous immersive dark rides, and no black out dates. 

Any higher than that and I would be unlikely to afford it. 

On 24/11/2015 at 8:10 PM, pushbutton said:

Yes, but the roller coaster could be the main part of a dark ride that needs to be built. Especially if they use an existing sound stage as the building for it!

Justice league is far too basic for me. It loses its novelty after the first couple of times. There's really not much to it.

On 23/11/2015 at 8:35 PM, pushbutton said:

It may not be just another roller coaster. With sound stage 9 being built at the studios, it could be to free up one of the other sound stages for conversion into a dark ride. 

I certainly hope so!

On 22/11/2015 at 8:15 PM, pushbutton said:

Makes perfect sense as a location.

I'm still hoping for a Jurassic World themed dark ride.

On 20/11/2015 at 7:45 PM, pushbutton said:

On the face of it this is great news. I just hope they remember that it is Movie World, and therefore whatever this attraction is needs to have a very real and solid, and most importantly relevant and appealing MOVIE theme!

If it's something that just spins you around I won't be going on it as I get motion sickness.

If it's something that just flips you upside down, I will probably try it, and if I find it a thrill I will go on it from time to time, like I do with Arkam Asylum. But apart from a bit of a thrill I don't get much out of it after the first time.

I really hope they do us proud and come up with a genuine movie themed attraction. As regular readers of this forum already know, I would only be really excited if it's either a dark ride, or a walk-through.

Out of curiosity, where did the information about this originally come from?

On 17/09/2015 at 4:58 PM, pushbutton said:

Surely Dreamworld has enough roller coasters. 

I'd like to see them move the investment focus towards dark rides, and exciting fun interactive walk through experiences. 

Things that would make Dreamworld live up to its name, by making you feel like you are in a dream!

On 30/08/2015 at 8:17 PM, pushbutton said:

Fair points (and not rude at all by the way)!

I just selfishly want more immersive rides and experiences. I am merely stating my own very selfish wants. Admittedly they do have to focus investment where they see the most ROI potential. I get that.

Now give me more dark rides dammit! ;)

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, themagician said:

So it turns out it is leaving and for now will just be an events venue

55956DF8-E801-4BDF-B01B-51BF2B30BC9D.thumb.jpeg.c400a090e0eb99717dd9b32dcd0c73f5.jpeg

But according to Dreamworld, it won't JUST be an events venue. It will be a HOT new corporate events venue (also known as an empty shed most of the time, which park visitors are locked out of).

To the average tourist that is surely far more exciting than a mere exhibition of an internationally famous racing car drivers cars and awards, accompanied by related interactive games and merchandise, no?

43 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Perfect location for a dark ride of some sort to reinvigorate the park 

Now back to reality.

Fact

DW are currently conducting “THE GREAT WORLWIDE SEARCH FOR A CEO” (missed opportunity for a new reality TV show at DW.  “Dreamworld’s Next Top CEO” in my books)

Here are my top-

1.JPG.2de6edb1b401d424113960b1d5b9881f.JPG

2.JPG.360fb54eb0c042967e7bc58d4f41e002.JPG

3.JPG.53e0517cc2a8e6bc7d6f0347df0627b3.JPG

Do you want a temporary CEO spending DW’s cash on “Benny the Beaver's Dark Ride” with no plan for the future?  (the way DW has been run in the last 15 years) or

Do you want a shining knight/shining Dame CEO who has a plan on how to fix DW deciding what to turn this area into?

What’s wrong with utilising an empty building while we wait for the new CEO to make the final decision?

wow an events space. Brilliant. Cant wait never have a reason to go their unless my company books a function there. They arent even trying with that post. Best to have just said Brock was finishing up and at least lead people on about what it might become. Now we know its an empty room that converts for events. haha Take away tower or terror for a sexy new events space. Take away wipeout for a crazy new events space. Make the lego store a day care. Seriously though, whats next? Make the cinema a low cost half arsed version of Disneys Soar'n...

Oh wait ;)..

I love how they made that FB post like guests should be excited... its really become the point of where the place is just funny how awful they are at EVERYTHING.

Oh and why be dark on Dreamworld?

I dunno, maybe because they LITERALLY kill people through their incompetence.

The Perter Brok shed could potentially be used as another Disney ripoff ride. The shed is the perfect size for a Intamin tow boat ride.

https://intaminworldwide.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/tow_boat_ride_web.pdf

Instead of "Its A Small Word", We could get:

* Its A Dreamworld

- Based off dreamworld.

- Or based of DreamWorks movies/characters.

Lets hope the Dreamworld management don't read this because they would probably do this.

The best option would be to create the Big 11 Thrill Rides. The Chance Rides Unicoaster 2.0 would be the absolute best thing to place in the shed.

https://www.chancerides.com/unicoaster2/

Its been 4 years since the last thrill ride and I think they need to really think about getting another thrill ride very soon!

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

Oh and why be dark on Dreamworld?

I dunno, maybe because they LITERALLY kill people through their incompetence.

This was brutal but true. Anyway Dreamworld already use it as a shitty event space. 

SmartSelect_20180705-213359_Chrome.thumb.jpg.44f9590a53c65b3f2e1c1e793ab16b5d.jpg160323-118_Events-BrocksGarage02_M.jpg.92bbbe84d7f21d21a077ad6d1422685e.jpg

Link: https://www.dreamworld.com.au/events/venues/brock's-garage I look forward to see this space transformed into an even more shitty 'hot new events venue.' 

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld's Peter Brock Experience closed