Dreamworld's Peter Brock Experience closed

webslave

Hey  @Roachie as a man who knows his DW history, was the Brocks Garage originally the location of the Giltraps Auto Museum? - an upcharge of sorts that existed behind Wipeout from memory and featured all sorts of very early model cars like modelT Ford's etc. 

Never appealed personally but from memory it was there until late 80's /early 90's..

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

Hey  @Roachie as a man who knows his DW history, was the Brocks Garage originally the location of the Giltraps Auto Museum? - an upcharge of sorts that existed behind Wipeout from memory and featured all sorts of very early model cars like modelT Ford's etc. 

Never appealed personally but from memory it was there until late 80's /early 90's..

When the park first opened Gilltrap's Auto Museum was actually where the Village Marketplace (now Parkway / LEGO Store) was located. When Marketplace opened, it was moved to a building just behind what's now known as Pit Stop Burgers. It was auctioned off in 1989, which at a total guess, was probably due to Dream Co. haemorrhaging money.

• Like 2

I would get if they left a couple marketing images throughout the park, that has a small mention of it. But the fact the major signage for the attractions entrance are still up in appalling. @Roachie is right DW, we know you can do way way way better. It’s at the point now that it’s coming across that you don’t even care. It’s the minor things that make a big difference, and for a struggling park, you should be doing everything in your power to make the park the best it can be 

I just don't quite understand the management thinking that let's this happen.  The attraction is most certainly closed and not returning, so what's the sense in leaving signage out like some sort of hoarder?  It's almost like someone has it in their head that leaving the signage up for a missing attraction is better than having no signage.

It's gone, management; the first thing you should have done with the EWP is removed the signage, and only then should you strip it internally.  Also, do you guys not keep an index or inventory of your signage around the park so you know exactly where to go when you make changes to your attraction line-up?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webslave said:

I just don't quite understand the management thinking that let's this happen. 

It's Dreamworld.

The attraction is most certainly closed and not returning, so what's the sense in leaving signage out like some sort of hoarder? 

It's Dreamworld.

It's almost like someone has it in their head that leaving the signage up for a missing attraction is better than having no signage.

It's Dreamworld.

the first thing you should have done with the EWP is removed the signage, and only then should you strip it internally. 

Still Dreamworld.

do you guys not keep an index or inventory of your signage around the park so you know exactly where to go when you make changes to your attraction line-up?

C'mon man, are you serious? It's DREAMWORLD!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/Whats-on/brickman-after-dark?utm_source=brickman-nights-event&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=brickman-social&utm_term=brickman-nights-landing&utm_content=20180910

They are also offering a night experience for the Brickman Awesome event on two nights, for 1 hour sessions. $20 for kids and $30 for adults.

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld's Peter Brock Experience closed
  • 1 month later...
On 26/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

I didn't notice it initially but the article above (and another article) stated that the Dreamworld Exhibition Centre will, apart from being an event space, be home to "pop-up attractions", which mostly likely will refer to temporary exhibitions like the Brickman Awesome exhibition held last September. This would allow DW to always promote something new without spending a lot on capital expenditure. However, these are only suited to local audiences unless it's a major exhibition with (inter)national interest, which would require a lengthy marketing campaign prior to the exhibition's opening.

So, assuming these temporary exhibitions will be held quarterly, what temporary exhibition could arrive in December particularly to compete with the confirmed future exhibition at MW? (Quote from VRTP CEO Clark Kirby) :

I can't give too much away but at the end of the year, we will have a new exhibit opening that will highlight some of the things that we've been making just up the road here so you might be able to put two and two together there in terms of what we might be showing.

The next temporary exhibition after Brickman Awesome might not be in December. It could be every 6 months (meaning next March) or yearly (so next September). The frequency might also depend on the success of the Exhibition Centre as an event space.

Either way, I think it's highly likely that another intellectual property-based exhibition will be held next at DW.

In my opinion, to keep in with the theme of the 'area' the Centre is in, a Hotwheels exhibition would suit best. I'd doubt a Supercars exhibition would work given the permanent exhibition prior to the building being renamed was about Peter Brock. It wouldn't feel different or new (but might make some of DW's signage somewhat a bit more accurate). Or maybe to tie-in with the opening of the i-Ride, an exhibition on aviation or Australian culture would be more likely? Otherwise, an exhibition generally relating to either motorsports, coasts or the ocean would next work best after Hotwheels as all other intellectual properties licensed to DW are located too far away from the Centre (...but that won't stop Ardent).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan