Wet & Wild buggy permanently closed?

pushbutton

At the park this morning and the buggy signs have been removed. 

10.30am and nobody in the buggies area of the park, and no sign of the actual buggies. 

Also the website www.wetnwildbuggy.com.au is down. Tried to access it, and just shows "Bad Request 400".

Can't find it on the main Wet & Wild site either. 

Edited by pushbutton

Yeah, you'd think if they wanted to close buggies they would say they are closing it, but not actually close it until the end of school holidays.

And even if they did shut it now (which it sounds like they have) you would have thought that they would've said something about its closure and not just leave us in the dark.

• Like 1

I swear I heard about this the other day - I'm somewhat surprised that it wasn't on Parkz.

My understanding is the contract hasn't been renewed. no idea of the reason why.

(Of course, for those who didn't know, WnWB was an external contractor supplying services in the park - it wasn't owned by VRTP)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

it just doesn't seem right that they just pretend it didn't exist and not say anything about the closure.

Like when Vikings Revenge Flume Ride closed forever. 😢

On 09/12/2016 at 11:08 AM, themagician said:

Looks like the ride has officially closed forever. It has been taken off the rides listing and maintenance page.

Rest In Peace, Vikings Revenge Flume Ride (1979 - 2016)

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 11.05.50 am.png 

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 11.05.58 am.png

That list of rides at Sea World looks so, errr, impressive? 

Even taking into account that Nickelodeon Land is several kids rides doesn't help much! 

They could surely have included the monorail though, to at least give one additional ride (unless they've suddenly closed that like they have the Wet & Wild buggies!)

584a03d0bc1d5_ScreenShot2016-12-09at11_0

Just checked and can't see any sign of the monorail anywhere on the Sea World site. 

Could it be that Australia has lost its first and last monorail? 

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The monorail isn’t a ride, or an attraction. It’s a mode of transport for people who can’t be bothered walking. 

So unless “Walking to the Dolphin Show” gets listed as a ride, I wouldn’t expect the Monorail to be there. 

It's a ride to me, as were the chairlifts and miniature railway until they closed, and as is the Dreamworld train which they do list as a ride on their site.

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 4:28 PM, Brad2912 said:

The monorail isn’t a ride, or an attraction. It’s a mode of transport for people who can’t be bothered walking. 

So unless “Walking to the Dolphin Show” gets listed as a ride, I wouldn’t expect the Monorail to be there. 

I actually thought they were a perfect fit to be honest, and added the "Wild" to go with the "Wet".

19 minutes ago, djrappa said:

They were a tacky pay as you go attraction that has no place in a credible theme park. 

You say this as if it is fact, however, I, along with many other people I know who have made use of this attraction, thought it was quite enjoyable and fun, and ended up going on it more than once. So don't go around stating your opinion as fact assuming everyone else agrees with you because guess what? Not everyone does!!

• Like 2

Maybe calm down there mate. 

I thinn the fact a person is saying something that is subjective pretth well implies it’s their opinion. 

If the lack of inclusion of ‘in my opinion’ in my post is enough to trigger you then I’m someone concerned for your blood pressure given the world we live in today. 

• Like 2