Wet & Wild buggy permanently closed?

pushbutton

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Brad2912 said:

The monorail isn’t a ride, or an attraction. It’s a mode of transport for people who can’t be bothered walking. 

So unless “Walking to the Dolphin Show” gets listed as a ride, I wouldn’t expect the Monorail to be there. 

In the vein of 'mode of transport not a ride'... sorry Brad but *in my opinion* you're incorrect.

Knott's has the Butterfield Stagecoach, the Calico Railroad, even the Grand Sierra Railroad!

Camp Snoopy® is a massive part of Knott’s Berry Farm. In fact, it’s so large that you can barely travel it by foot. So, take the train instead and hop aboard the Grand Sierra Scenic Railroad

Disney also lists their Disneyland Railroad and Disneyland Monorail as 'attractions' (they don't use the term 'ride') - as well as the Main Street transportation - double decker bus, horse and carriage etc. Let's be honest, few people ride those 'transport vehicles' purely because they can't be bothered walking...

5 hours ago, pin142 said:

This is one attraction that has never really made sense to me. It seems more at home in sand dunes than a water park. I go to water parks for slides and pools not to ride a dirt buggy. The park needs to invest in new slides not contract third party out of place pay per use attractions.

A few years ago I took a pacific islands cruise. One of the shore tours we did was a 'mud buggy'. Far from any beach or sand, these buggies (which were a more rudimentary version of what WnWB was) tore up the tracks, and sprayed mud everywhere - as a matter of fact - the clothes we wore are still to this day covered in marks from the mud stains that could not be gotten out no matter what the onboard laundry team tried. Yes, to put it in a water park is weird, but the bush \ dirt trails available behind the park weren't completely unsuited to the experience. I never tried it, but I wonder if they hosed you off when you were done or whether you just went and jumped in the wave pool... ;)

On 10/07/2018 at 4:28 PM, Brad2912 said:

The monorail isn’t a ride, or an attraction. It’s a mode of transport for people who can’t be bothered walking.

42 minutes ago, AlexB said:

In the vein of 'mode of transport not a ride'... sorry Brad but *in my opinion* you're incorrect.

It's 100% a form of transport.  Theme parks like to install them because they know it brings out the weirdoes who think they are on a ride.

52 minutes ago, AlexB said:

the clothes we wore are still to this day covered in marks from the mud stains that could not be gotten out no matter what the onboard laundry team tried.

I don't believe it was mud stains.

^Dick.

Why can't it be both? What can't it be regarded as a ride, and a mode of transportation around the park?

If that's all they were, then why do parks devote additional resources and expense to certain themed elements - bushranger \ bandit robberies, dioramas, etc?

I'm not suggesting these sorts of rides aren't a form of transport (arguably, all roller coasters are also a form of transport if you really want to be pedantic), but they are also a ride.

Wet N Wild Buggy is also a form of transport.

Wild West Falls is also a form of transport

Rocky Hollow Log Ride is also a form of transport.

"The Green Room" is also a form of transport

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AlexB said:

all roller coasters are also a form of transport if you really want to be pedantic

Lost your marbles.

12 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Wet N Wild Buggy is also a form of transport.

Lost your marbles.

Wild West Falls is also a form of transport

Lost your marbles.

Rocky Hollow Log Ride is also a form of transport.

Lost your marbles.

13 minutes ago, AlexB said:

"The Green Room" is also a form of transport

Lost your marbles.

Any more outburst like this and I'm seriously considering setting up a go fund me page for locating your marbles.

• Like 1

He does.

There is.

We just don't tell you about it because the usual winner has normally insulted you.

6 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Skeeta wins todays contest for longest and most pointless random insult.

Well, if there was such a contest.

He does.

There is.

We just don't tell you about it because the usual winner has normally insulted you.

Was it several? or was it just the same thing, repeated?

I'm not quite sure I had marbles to begin with, but even so, the fact he says it doesn't make it true. And a train, or a monorail is not really much different to many of the other attractions I pointed to - so he can think I'm wrong, likewise, I can think he is.

@pushbutton Nobody was insulting anybody.  You’re post it the most pointless post of the year because it has nothing to do with the topic.  I was replying to every point he made you inbasul.  Next time I reply to Alex I will dumb it down for you, so you don’t think I’m insulting Alex.  Alex and I don’t mind the friendly jab.  I suggest you take up knitting because interacting with people is all too much for you.

Edited by Skeeta

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@pushbutton Nobody was insulting anybody.  You’re post it the most pointless post of the year because it has nothing to do with the topic.  I was replying to every point he made you inbasul.  Next time I reply to Alex I will dumb it down for you, so you don’t think I’m insulting Alex.  Alex and I don’t mind the friendly jab.  I suggest you take up knitting because interacting with people is all too much for you.

Oh dear! 

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

Knott's has the Butterfield Stagecoach, the Calico Railroad, even the Grand Sierra Railroad!

Disney also lists their Disneyland Railroad and Disneyland Monorail as 'attractions' (they don't use the term 'ride') - as well as the Main Street transportation - double decker bus, horse and carriage etc.

I don’t like your opinion haha... but I didn’t explain mine well. 

in all honesty I was being overly generalising. 

I 100% stick by my opinion that the monorail at SW being a form of transport only, and not a ride or attraction. 

How a means of transport elevates to be being a ride or attraction in my mind is when the experience is themed, or by partaking in that form of transport you see or have an experience you wouldn’t have if you just walked (and I’m not talking about simply seeing the park from more high up as there isn’t anything at the park in SW’s case designed to be viewed from above). 

The old DW paddlesteamer for instance is a ride/attraction - you experienced a show you couldn’t see Any other way. Ditto the backlot tour when it existed at MW or the one at US. The train at DL from Memory (its been along while) takes you past scenes/locations you wouldn’t see. I’d consider a horse drawn cart or a horse & carriage farm tour an attraction as that is a very unique experience that would generally take you somewhere new. 

• Like 2

I definitely think the SW Monorail is just a mode of transport. It doesn't offer any form of unique experience. People really only use it to get from one point to another. The park themselves don't even list it as an attraction, its under its own heading in Park Info.

If the transport incorporates a show or new scenes or views that aren't seen on foot, then yes I would class that as an attraction (Eg. Disney's train, DW's paddlesteamer, etc). An attraction is something go to a theme park to experience, I doubt there are many people that go to SW to purely just ride the monorail, or go out of their way to ride it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

How a means of transport elevates to be being a ride or attraction in my mind is when the experience is themed, or by partaking in that form of transport you see or have an experience you wouldn’t have if you just walked (and I’m not talking about simply seeing the park from more high up as there isn’t anything at the park in SW’s case designed to be viewed from above). 

The old DW paddlesteamer for instance is a ride/attraction - you experienced a show you couldn’t see Any other way. Ditto the backlot tour when it existed at MW or the one at US. The train at DL from Memory (its been along while) takes you past scenes/locations you wouldn’t see. I’d consider a horse drawn cart or a horse & carriage farm tour an attraction as that is a very unique experience that would generally take you somewhere new. 

Sea World's monorail takes you over the quarantine pools on the eastern side of the main entrance (behind the ski boat docks) where you can see animals in rehabilitation. It's a stretch, but honestly - it's not efficient enough (it's neither fast, nor frequent) to be considered transportation. I've seen many people trek up the ramps to wait for the monorail only to trek it back down and walk back to the front gate because of how long between trips it is. I would argue that 90% of passengers riding do so for a place to sit down, and ride around for a few minutes in their day to get away from the crowd, and take the kids up high for the novelty of riding a monorail, whilst travelling at near walking pace around the park.

13 hours ago, Skeeta said:

It was once an attraction but over time DW has removed all attractions elements.  Like the Bush rangers which once held the train up to the waterfall.  

Going off Brads definition of seeing \ experiencing things you wouldn't if you'd walked - the tour of the train sheds, big brother backlot, blue lagoon sneak peak, rocky hollow lagoon, the aboriginal rock art behind billabong, the different perspective of the birdlife in the wildlife experience, the TOT drive sheds... there are still things you get to see on the train that you otherwise wouldn't. Likewise, the fact that it only does a circuit once every half hour and then sits at main street for 10-15 minutes, its not really ideal for a 'I don't feel like walking, let's hop the train'. it is not the most efficient method of getting to another part of the park - especially since it has such a roundabout circuit surrounding blue lagoon to get up the grade.

I'll say again - it can be both transport, and a ride, but its a stretch to consider almost any closed circuit attraction within a theme park as 'purely transport' unless it got you into or out of the park... I'm not arguing that these things aren't transport, just that they are rides \ attractions

• Like 1