Ardent's appointments to oversee Dreamworld turnaround lack real theme park experience

Parkz News

Sounds to me like they need to make a decision to either :

- Commit to long term ownership of Dreamworld and appoint someone with the right experience  (and of course give them the resources they need to make it a success), OR

- Actively seek a buyer for Dreamworld as soon as possible, acknowledging they will not get a good price for it. 

They need to take some ideas from the VRTP model. While they do have some things that are bang for your buck, id say VR have it down pat.

-Their VIP tour isn't going to pull anyone in when it's $1200, minimum 2 people, and rather ambiguous.

-They need to make WWW look like somewhere you want to go instead of just being the public pool for annual pass holders. Install Slideboarding, and a Masterblaster, theme the fuck out of it, and then advertise the thing like it's 1999.

-Sort your shit out with Gold Rush. Will it still be Gold Rush? Will it not? get your shit together and just lay everything on the table Jamberoo style and let everyone know.

-Stop removing things that don't matter, while leaving the things that do. IE, the train tunnel vs Blue Lagoon.

-Find a way to get your own magic band like system, then litter the park with things to do. Disney have a POTC quest in one park, and Phineas and Ferb in another.

-Work out what land you have available, where on that you can build, and then muster the cash and install something to (DC) rival DC Rivals.

-Find something really cool for your "im too cool for that" crowd to do. Even if it is a VR escape room set inside the park or something. Dome screens are your friend.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

They need to take some ideas from the VRTP model. While they do have some things that are bang for your buck, id say VR have it down pat.

I don't want 2 MW's theme parks on the Gold Coast. 

47 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

-Their VIP tour isn't going to pull anyone in when it's $1200, minimum 2 people, and rather ambiguous.

It must be pulling someone if it's been running for years now.

49 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

-They need to make WWW look like somewhere you want to go instead of just being the public pool for annual pass holders. Install Slideboarding, and a Masterblaster, theme the fuck out of it, and then advertise the thing like it's 1999.

That ship sailed when WWW was canned as a park.  WWW is nothing more than Blue Lagoon on steroids now.

57 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

-Sort your shit out with . Will it still be Gold Rush? Will it not? get your shit together and just lay everything on the table Jamberoo style and let everyone know.

It's obvious it’s currently not Gold Rush.  DW don’t have a plan so what do you want DW to say?

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

Work out what land you have available, where on that you can build, and then muster the cash and install something to (DC) rival DC Rivals.

Do not do this.  Do not spend all of DW's money on a one trick pony while the rest of the park sucks.

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

-Find something really cool for your "im too cool for that" crowd to do. Even if it is a VR escape room set inside the park or something. Dome screens are your friend.

LOL, who's in the "I'm to cool crowd" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

Spend money to make money.

Imagine this, it’s school holidays and you go to DW to find out that half of the Big 9 thrill rides aren’t operating.

Crap Skeet what are you thinking.  No need to imagine this because this was the reality of the past school holidays.  Claw: DOWN. Buzzsaw: DOWN. Pandamonium: DOWN. Tower of Terror: DOWN. And don’t forget poor little Timmy who wanted to ride the Shrek’s Ogre-Go-Round because it was DOWN too.  I’ve done it again I forgot about the water park.  Supertubes Hydrocoaster: DOWN. The Little Rippers: DOWN.

I would love a RMC as much as the next person but 1 ride isn’t going to save DW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Crap Skeet what are you thinking.  No need to imagine this because this was the reality of the past school holidays.  Claw: DOWN. Buzzsaw: DOWN. Pandamonium: DOWN. Tower of Terror: DOWN. And don’t forget poor little Timmy who wanted to ride the Shrek’s Ogre-Go-Round because it was DOWN too.  I’ve done it again I forgot about the water park.  Supertubes Hydrocoaster: DOWN. The Little Rippers: DOWN

Not to mention HWSW, Rocky Hollow Log Ride, and The Claw which were all closed today also.

Full list of rides currently closed today:

- Claw

- Buzzsaw

- Tower Of Terror

- Hot Wheels 

- Log Ride

- Sheks Ogre

- HydroCoaster

- Rippers

- Dreamworld Express

Edited by themeparkaddict

5 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

Not to mention HWSW, Rocky Hollow Log Ride, and The Claw which were all closed today also.

Full list of rides currently closed today:

- Claw - No scheduled maintenance 

- Buzzsaw - Closed until further notice (parts)

- Tower Of Terror - Was supposed to finish maintenance yesterday I think but been pushed pack 3 days.

- Hot Wheels - Maintenance

- Log Ride - No scheduled maintenance

- Sheks Ogre - Opens tommorow

- HydroCoaster - Scheduled maintenance, opens in 3 months

- Rippers - Supposed to be open now

- Dreamworld Express - Scheduled maintenance

- Pandamonium - Should be open now

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force