scott

6 members have voted

1. 1. Theme Parks Themes

• Australian setting
    • Tropical setting
    • Hollywood setting
    • Marine setting
    • Carnival setting

Okay,all four GC parks have a different theme to them.Wet 'n' Wild is a lush,tropical park,Dreamworld really showcases Australia's bush land's and wild life,Warner Brothers is a peek at the Hollywood glitz and glamour,and Seaworld is Australia's marine life and relationship with the enviroment.All the parks are icons because of this,and when you step into the parks you notice these things straight away.Which theme is your favourite?Bush,Sea,Hollywood and tropical island are all very interesting but what's your favourte?I'm not asking what your favourite park is,just the general setting.Personally,mine would have to be Movie World,but if I'd been to Seaworld and Wet 'n' Wild it might be a more accurate answer. Okay,I decided to add a poll to this thread,not just because Schwarz suggested to but also because the forum has been looking a bit bear lately.Also because of Schwarz,I added a carnival option.

mate, I just looked at your models, and to be honest, I dunno what on earth you have done to Flipper............... And Whats with the black box thing on FreeFall, also why did you spray the tower cover black, The models have really turned me off...........
well everyone is different, Flipper just added a platform around the back and painted it how i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freefall- The black "box" is a building like space probe/GD. The freefall isnt finished yet the building isnt staying all black(will have stuff painted on it. and the top of the tower will have the ride name painted on it aswell.) I dont want to have rides that look like carnival rides. When i get them finished they are going into a themepark. The rides will have trees and stuff near them which will make them look better aswell. Anyway thats how i want them, so that the way they will be. cya

13 coasters? I think you're missing a few. Even if you're not going to count the toboggans as coasters (which wouldn't be correct), we've certainly got a few more than 13 currently operating. As for my favourite theming, nothing in Australia has ever really taken my fancy. I don't mind Dreamworld, but they're really doing their best to ruin a lot of the nicer areas of the park. Warner Bros. Movie World is OK for the "Hollywood" style of theming, but it's well and truly far from the best in this class (see Universal Studios Hollywood, Orlando, Disney's California Adventure and Disney-MGM Studios for the ultimate in Hollywood theming), and the way it's also been bastardised, with no real thought put into the overall aesthetics of the park, doesn't impress me. Sea World's scenic, not really what I'd call themed. I love the park, but I'd hardly consider it themed. My favourite to date would probably be Disney's California Adventure's Golden State area, surrounding Grizzly River Run. Disney's Animal Kingdom was also up there for me. That park doesn't do it for a lot of people because it's not exactly jam-packed with attractions, but it has amazing grounds and the African and Asian areas of the park are great (forget DinoLand USA).