Green Lantern work

pushbutton

• 4 months later...

Speaking of "that spot".... Ive done a bit of searching and haven't been able to find much info on exactly what went wrong when they had that malfunction.

Does anyone have any info on it or can point me in the right direction?

When I rode GL on sati noticed that first corner after the lift hill was making  bit of a grinding noise that ive not noticed before and that kind of prompted me to think of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brendo88 said:

Speaking of "that spot".... Ive done a bit of searching and haven't been able to find much info on exactly what went wrong when they had that malfunction.

Does anyone have any info on it or can point me in the right direction?

Try here to start with

34 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Or if you wanna get really specific, try here

Thanks for the info :) 

4 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Yeah I noticed that too, only seemed to happen with one car though, as I rode it countless times and only heard the grinding once. Assumed it was just the wheel bogeys struggling due to the high lateral force exerted on them.

Glad I wasn't the only one  to notice. My first ride was smooth as and no noise...second one later in the day had noise

I wasn't paying enough attention to notice if it was a different train though. 

21 hours ago, red dragin said:

Is it similar to the noises Arkham makes returning to the station? Which I suspect is the wheels squeaking on the track. 

Nah sounds different to me.  Its purely on that corner that wraps around just before the first drop. Cant be heard any other time. I guess that spot is probably the ne that would have the highest forces on it, none the less the noise definitely prompted me to think of it.

I'm sure its all good and it wouldn't stop me from riding it, I was more curious if anyone knew what the cause may be.

On 18/12/2018 at 5:34 PM, red dragin said:

Is it similar to the noises Arkham makes returning to the station? Which I suspect is the wheels squeaking on the track. 

Theres motors that drive the train from the brake area into position at the end of the station.

The squeals are the rubber wheels making contact with metal as it drives the train through the booster, more so than the wheels on the track. 

Next time youre at the park, go stand near the station and out in the observation area at road runner coaster and watch it climb the lift. Get similar rubber squeals for a similar reason. 

Edited by Levithian