Gold Coast show 2018

The 2018 Gold Coast Show ‘s new home is the Broadwater Parklands and Owen Park from August 31 to September 2 2018 and is FREE to attend. Catch all of your favorites; equestrian, side-show alley, woodchopping, baby animal farms, arts and crafts, camel rides on the beach, live music, the Showbag Pavilion and the incredible LUMINOCITY Festival.

The ride offering look as bad as last year though ...

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

41 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

It didn't say the rides this year 

Ahh, yeah you did...

12 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

The ride offering look as bad as last year though ...

42 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

but said these are the rides from last year which is basically these

And that makes as much sense as...

89D3B1EC-388F-4512-89ED-4816F67454C2.gif

It's on at the same time as the Adelaide show, so rides like Space Roller and XXXL will not be there as they will be in Adelaide. I don't have a full ride lineup, but this year the Showmens Guild is providing the rides so it will be a much better lineup than the last few years with independent operators providing the rides. Will also be free entry, so certainly worth heading down and showing your support and having a good ride (or 5)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Big Whizzer
  • Skywalker
  • Hurricane
  • Waveswinger
  • Dodgem Cars
  • Soundwave
  • Ferris Wheel
  • Slide
  • Speed Boats
  • Haunted
  • Dark Ride
  • Super Fun Slide
  • Boot Camp
  • Plus MORE

That is from the gold coast show website, most are returning rides but their are some new ones but overall not worth going in my opinion.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Rides aren't free though, and entry to the show was cheap last year anyway 

Well of course rides are not free... but that wasn’t my point...  the point is if you take a look at that list and there is one ride of interest, it is worth going and paying for that one ride, as opposed to there being an entry fee whereby you feel you need to get “worth” out of that fee by doing multiple things 

Edited by Brad2912

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Well of course rides are not free... but that wasn’t my point...  the point is if you take a look at that list and there is one ride of interest, it is worth going and paying for that one ride, as opposed to there being an entry fee whereby you feel you need to get “worth” out of that fee by doing multiple things 

Point is the ride offering is weak, would rather have them charge admission and offer a good amount of rides, but I suppose if you want that you go to Brisbane

15 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Admission price and ride selection are unrelated... 

ride selection comes down to availability of the ride, size or stature of event, and location/space restrictions 

Yeah well, I think the ride offering is week. That opinion isn't taking into account those factors. Just like how everyone asking for Dremworld to build a rollercoaster don't consider financial factors.

2 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Point is the ride offering is weak, would rather have them charge admission and offer a good amount of rides, but I suppose if you want that you go to Brisbane

The EKKA had a incredibly poor line up this year too if you ask me. At least the Gold Coast show has some of the classic rides to go with the newer ones too. And trust me, this is a MUCH better line up than it would have been if the Showmens Guild didn't get back in on the show. Give them a few years back there, and I'm sure the ride lineup will get better again like it used to be.