Dreamworld Update 5 August 2018

10 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

That is even more depressing than Friday’s update from Roache.

Well on the bright side, they've got IRide coming in December, Trolls village is a hit with the funhouse having a decent queue.

On the downside, lots of maintenance going on, TOT was not testing, the park was quite empty with no atmosphere, lots of theming not working like the water at madagascar and the oil rigs outside GD.

I mean it wasn't the best experince but I guess they need time to fix the park.

I'll go to Movie World next and nitpick there although honestly the park is in great shape so not much to complain about, that should be rather positive.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 1

Probably as good a topic as any - but I wonder what they did with the Dreamworld Cinema seats - most likely demolished \ crushed, and I just wonder whether they realised how much history sat there, and how willing they probably would have found many people if they'd only offered to sell them. I know I'd have liked a set of 'dreamworld cinema' seats to put beside my bar.

most of the time I have seen contractors doing the maintenance on the "new" rides and dreamworld maintenance staff doing maintenance on the "older" rides like giant drop, wipeout, vintage cars, ect. and when a ride break down it is almost the same 6 people who come to fix them every time. I was in the park after hours on the night all the Christmas decorations went up last year and there were probably 20 dreamworld maintenance staff doing this. I would say there would be probably 30 maintenance staff because you need some on break downs, early morning start up and late night fixes.

When the park is under as much scrutiny as it is, any issue identified is enough to close it until properly investigated. When you only have a certain number of maintenance personnel, I think you'll find some of the rides closed (especially the ones that close without warning) are a matter of 'closed until we can get to it'.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

When the park is under as much scrutiny as it is, any issue identified is enough to close it until properly investigated. When you only have a certain number of maintenance personnel, I think you'll find some of the rides closed (especially the ones that close without warning) are a matter of 'closed until we can get to it'.

That's pretty much where I was going with this.

That's like saying my car's the safest car in the world... provided I never actually drive it. Dreamworld can't have it both ways - they can't spruik themselves as one of the safest parks in the world if they have barely enough resources to keep just more than half of their major attractions open (and safe) at any one time.

Ironically, it's this kind of under-staffing/under-funding/under-communicating that got them stuck in the first place.

Edited by Roachie

I think of it this way - a pizza shop had a boss who was pretty chill if you rocked up late or hungover and let most things slide. Then one day someone got food poisoning, the old boss got replaced by a newer, stricter boss, and then all of the staff's tardiness and extra-curriculur activities were glaringly pointed out.

• Like 1