Gotham drink refill station closes during off-peak

Spotty

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Sweet Treats doesn't

On 05/08/2018 at 10:39 PM, Spotty said:

No post mix machines behind the counter, they were removed when the self service machines were put in at Gotham.

This is incorrect.

Sweet Treats and Gotham have Post-mix guns. All outlets are capable of doing refills of post-mix excluding Village Bean and the Frozen Coke stand. (News Stand can do refills when the refill station isn't open too)

Edited by ThemeTendo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

It's about time they stopped offering soft drinks full stop. Absolutely terrible for guests health yet they encourage everyone notonly to drink it,  but to drink far more than could be considered acceptable (sort of) as an occasional "treat".

That’s ridiculous. Adults can choose what they want to put in their bodies, and as parents choose for their kids. Guess they should ban beer, burgers, hot chips etc as well. 

If people can’t use self control and moderate their intake, or hell, if they choose to drink soft drink all day every day, that’s their perogative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

It's about time they stopped offering soft drinks full stop. Absolutely terrible for guests health yet they encourage everyone notonly to drink it,  but to drink far more than could be considered acceptable (sort of) as an occasional "treat".

I don't have a problem with them selling soft drink. What I do have a problem with though, is the bottomless soft drink cups. I think it is very irresponsible and they need to stop selling them.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

I don't have a problem with them selling soft drink. What I do have a problem with though, is the bottomless soft drink cups. I think it is very irresponsible and they need to stop selling them.

Agreed - it's like what, .01c per cup to put a bottom on them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Guest should be allowed to drink the soft drink straight from the tap.  Better for the environment, no cups required and Village could save a penny on cups.

• Like 1

Would ask why you can't just buy a season long refill cup but that would stop the crazily overpriced reactivation fee if you wanted to use it a second day. For those complaining about soft drink you're not being forced to buy it and heaps of people choose it. I don't drink soft drink at Dreamworld but that's because the only options there are water or beer.

• 5 weeks later...

Isnt the point of the stations is they dont need to be manned? How do you save money by closing them?

Weve had this discussion about soft drinks and health before. If you single them out as a problem you are a hypocrit if you dont also demand fruit juices, milks and iced teas removed from sale too as they frequently exceed the calories of soft drink and often contain vastly more sugar.

Edited by Levithian

3 hours ago, Levithian said:

Isnt the point of the stations is they dont need to be manned? How do you save money by closing them?

Only reason I can think of that is somewhat logical is they are willing to wear the cost of all the “stolen” drinks when the park is buzzing and they are making a mint from in-park spend, but not so much when it’s quiet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Only reason I can think of that is somewhat logical is they are willing to wear the cost of all the “stolen” drinks when the park is buzzing and they are making a mint from in-park spend, but not so much when it’s quiet. 

I've seen how much post-mix soft drink syrups cost. Trust me, they wouldn't be losing anything significant!